ForumsSupport Forum[Necro] Colony needs moderators

19 6759
Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

The chat room for colony needs a moderator or at least a timer so you can't send so many messages. And maybe even sniff out the hackers. Today in the chat room some annoying guy was saying this:

idk1234567: s
idk1234567: wd
idk1234567: w
idk1234567: dw
idk1234567: dwd
idk1234567: dwdw

And that's only a portion of what he said.

• 19 Replies
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

those are the most threatening letter combinations I have ever witnessed

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

There are a few problems with that. 1) There are few moderators on Armor Games and most of them have jobs and/or school. 2) There are many multiplayer rooms on Colony, so expecting a moderator for every room is silly. 3) With using this then every multiplayer game on Armor Games with a chat needs moderators.

There are several ways you can report people on Colony. If they are signed in and you have a screen shot of it you can report it to an administrator. You can also mute people on Colony, if I recall correctly.

runescape95
runescape95
46 posts
Nomad

I'm always up for being a moderator.But spamming isn't a threat since barley people talk in the lobby.

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

The chat room for colony needs a moderator or at least a timer so you can't send so many messages.

there already is a timer.
its jsut hackers can bypass it.

needs a moderator

what like Colony Anti Hack Squad? that already exists, we search for and ban hackers. including chat spam hacks.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Full time moderators are kind of hard to find.... Who would want to sit for hours at a time watching a boring chat room with hardly any users.

The best option for an online gaming chat room is a chat filter or wait time between posts.

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

2) There are many multiplayer rooms on Colony

Well you are right ghost... But, only the main lobby is used, the other chat rooms(for the home for multiplayer) are generally not used... only for people who want to talk to each other by themselves...

So it wouldn't be hard to put a couple moderators in the lobby at colony at all.
Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

there already is a timer.
its jsut hackers can bypass it.

I don't hack and if I wanted I could send a message every second.

Well, it's annoying. It makes it hard for me to organize games with the players that are there not spamming.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Isn't there a mute button in the game? If so, utilize it. Many others have complained about spam/flaming/trolling/etc.. in Exit Path, but there's nothing much AG can do about the problem. If they are spamming; mute them. If they are flaming you and they are logged into their account; take a screen shot then show it to an administrator so they can take action. Or just mute them.

Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

I don't think you can mute, if so, can someone tell me how?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

There is no mute button in colony (that i know of, spent a few minutes scrounging around for one button didn't find). Colony is an old game, it is too late for any major changes to occur. Just have to wait until Krin makes a new game.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

Hackers that bypass the spam filter shouldn't effect the chat rooms that much. The community is too stupid to move to another chat room when a hacker attacks. Yes we do report hackers to the admins, who then ban them.

Colony has a mute feature but only stops private messages.

Colony can always be updated. Krin would need a reason or a list a reason to update the game.

Colony moderators is a bad idea. There are only 4 people in the community that are mature enough to be mods. Only 2 of these users use the AG forums, while the other 2 just play the game. The fact is, the community has to earn the right to have a moderator, and that is a long time away.

cloverchips
cloverchips
8 posts
Jester

Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

cloverchips, why did you spam someones comment? I don't see what's funny about that.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

cloverchips, it has nothing to do with threats, but its spam. In Colony a player, using a hack to bypass the spam filter, can relentlessly spam messages. There are users that do this for hours. This endless spam instantly removes any message that gets posted. In the end, the community drastically declines because people can't talk about strategy, matchmaking, etc.

devinbuddy16
devinbuddy16
5 posts
Nomad

I can't wait for the new game. (if he makes one hopfuly)

Showing 1-15 of 19