ForumsProgramming Forum"Your game file must be an SWF" Submit Error

4 4280
TheNumbhead
TheNumbhead
3 posts
Nomad

So, I've searched through all of the forums, and I couldn't find a proper solution to this problem. What's happening is that I'm filling out the submit form with everything correct, but I always get the message stating that my game file is not an SWF. But my game file is an SWF file! Could this be a problem with my file or Armor Games itself?

Oh, and I've tried to submit it both with Firefox and IE, neither have worked.

Thanks for any help!

• 4 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Odd you could try contacting an administrator like cormyn. I haven't submitted games myself so I don't know how it works in those regards.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Have you tried submitting it to another website that will only accept SWFs? This will tell you if it's your file or the website that is giving you the problem.

TheNumbhead
TheNumbhead
3 posts
Nomad

@ Darkroot: Hey thanks! I'll probably try contacting cormyn if they don't respond to my other message.

@ master: Well, I've submitted it to Deviant Art under the "Flash" category where I believe they won't accept anything other than .swf's. Armor Games doesn't have a maximum file size, does it?

TheNumbhead
TheNumbhead
3 posts
Nomad

Also, I just fully updated Flash CS5 and re-exported the .swf, so that's not the problem.

Showing 1-4 of 4