ForumsGamesSpiral Knights

3 3034
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

So what of it? What are the best offensive setups? Defensive ones? Best levels? Best bosses? Best 3* swords? Best guild? Best player?

To answer some of my own questions:
I think the best offensive setup (using weapons without upgrades) is the Gran Faust with the Argent Peacemaker. Bombs just don't do it for me, sadly. The Gran Faust provides the power and deals shadow damage. The Argent Peacemaker is fast enough to keep up and deals piercing/elemental.

The best defensive setup is the Azure Guardian Helm with the Gray Owlite Shield and Divine Mantle. The Azure Guardian Helm is the 5* of the Cobalt chain, so it defends against piercing and normal. The Gray Owlite Shield defends normal and elemental. The Divine Mantle is the Magic Cloak 5* armor (is a mantle armor?) that defends elemental/shadow.

The best levels are arenas, Aurora Isles levels, and graveyards. I particularly like the "Robo Rampage" arenas, Aurora Isles Jelly Farms, and deep graveyards. If there's one thing I can't stand, its treasure vaults. Because of the major payoff from arenas, I like them for their crown and heat rewards. The Aurora Isles just give so many crowns and you take next to no damage because there are always heats around, so I like those. Graveyards are fun just because they are. Gives you a sense of urgency to get moving (unless you like phantoms). I don't like Treasure Vaults because (obviously) I would rather do the Graveyard paired with it.

The best boss I've played is probably the Snarbolax honestly. I just like him (him? her? it?) the best. The thing has got some personality, and unlike the Roarmulous Twin Turrets, anyone can do it, so I have fun helping out new knights through the battle. Unlike Royal Jelly, I'm not always swinging my sword, which is kind of nice. And unlike Lord Vanaduke, I'm not battling for HALF AN HOUR STRAIGHT!!! Yeah, Snarbolax wins it for me, and not just because he's easy.

I put that 3* sword question up there to open up the idea that any specification of any weapon or armor is valid in this thread. If you want to ask about your favorite boss weapon, 4* helmet, or 0* handgun, that's fine with me.

Ha, I do have a feeling that everyone will answer "What's your favorite guild" with the one that they are in. My favorite is the "Knights of Fury", because it has my favorite knight in it.

My favorite knight is not me. I promise. My knight is called "Kohdominator". My favorite knight is called "Orihara". I promise Orihara is not shared with Kohdominator. I like Orihara just because of how boss he is. Ha, he's literally carried me and someone else from our guild on his energy tab through an entire four levels (which is 120 energy, if you're counting). He's pulled me out of a lot of scrapes. Sometimes my chat box looks like "You tell Orihara, 'Can you help me? I'm about to faint out.' Orihara tells you, 'Where are you?' Orihara is coming to visit you." Its pretty great.

And I'll just throw this one in there, I really like the auction house. Being able to market items is really great. That idea of transmuting something and selling it for higher, or buying low and selling high is just a lot of fun for a guy like me.

So speak up! What's so great about Spiral Knights to you?

PS Oh, and what do you guys think about this energy inflation cost on the energy market? Do you support it? Do you wish it would stop?

• 3 Replies
wrymslayer
wrymslayer
16 posts
Nomad

Mate, Spiral Knights is a Steam game. And this is in a "Flash Game" section of a forum.

However as I do play, I would agree with you outlook. But I have seen bomb players absolutely rock levels I am with them on. They do insane damage and have great elemental damage. Its just in short blasts.

As for energy inflation, as a free to play player, it sucks. Makes it impossible to craft anything

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

Thanks, mate. I moved the post over.

Yeah, things like the Big Angry Bomb and others (that's the only one I can remember the name of that is worthy of carrying) are great for things like arenas, but for Mechanical Miles and Ironclaw Munitions, they're pretty useless.

What I think (I'm a free user) when I'm saving crowns to craft is that this is the price I have to pay to play free, and hey, it gives me more opportunity to play the levels, thus getting heat and materials too (have to do the levels to get crowns to save or invest).

kingcobra753
kingcobra753
2 posts
Peasant

how come i cant pay for energy one spiral knights it says i have reached my spending limit when i dont have one

Showing 1-3 of 3