ForumsProgramming Forum

Have a look at my (unfinished) game!

Posted Sep 8, '11 at 3:45am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

262 posts

http://www.swfme.com/view/1269722

It's been about 2 weeks in development.

Anyway, right now it gets pretty repetitive and boring. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it more interesting?

Posted Sep 8, '11 at 3:47am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

262 posts

Nonebrokenlink

Whoops, the previous link is broken.

Posted Sep 8, '11 at 6:02am

sasukemystery

sasukemystery

1,456 posts

I haven't really understand what the game means maybe add some instructions ?

Posted Sep 8, '11 at 7:19am

acmed

acmed

3,561 posts

I figured out the game, and I have to admit it's very very good. Music and maybe some special effects would really improve it to make it a good game! Maybe add a home screen with instructions and help because it took me a while to figure out the controls. But nice!

Posted Sep 8, '11 at 8:06am

Carlytoon

Carlytoon

329 posts

Its cool, you can make a level wheres the bullets bounces when hit the walls, I think this code can make it:
if("bullet collide horizontal wall"){
bullet.xSpeed*=-1;
}

Anyway, you make a good game, Im sure that your game can be really addictive if you put more features like upgrades, bonuses or combos.

Posted Sep 8, '11 at 10:46am

xeano321

xeano321

2,969 posts

Knight

This has alot of potential. Add some bonuses in their (You know like bullet speed 1/2x, Your speed 2x), a few special effects, some good high quality audio, and you have yourself a great game!

Posted Sep 9, '11 at 4:11pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

322 posts

Sorry I can't check it out at the moment but will later I just wanted to say something about the bouncing there Toony (carlytoon) but down, the *-1 works great and is fine for starting or math matic things but with somthing that needs to be fast it is best to use this -( the var) this basicly changes the sign of a number( positive to negetive and visversa) . It is casting (more techniacal stuff but easy It is used to change types like string to nubers and such) the var to - so neg and ned = pos and so on, but it is a little faster as it has a pecedence of 14 out of 15 where * and = have one of 13 out of 15, and if that made no sence to you don't worry just remmeber instead of *= -1 for things that need to be realy fast you should do -(var).
Though I don't think I is that big of a deal every inch can help! Hope that help some one!

Posted Sep 9, '11 at 4:37pm

TRUdog

TRUdog

1,063 posts

Really nice game, I have to say. I got totally immersed in it once I figured out the controls. Maybe adding some upbeat techno music would be a nice addition to the game. I could totally see this being some sort of Facebook game.

To all of those who are wondering:
Instructions- Try to avoid the blue bolts by moving the rotating yellow square with the mouse.

Posted Sep 9, '11 at 5:10pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

It's pretty good a way to drastically increase the repeatability of the game is let the user destroy the bullets to some degree and include an rpg system. After they finish you give them a unique text for how well they did. You could possibly include achievements and such.

Posted Sep 9, '11 at 5:12pm

alovera1

alovera1

520 posts

i first thought the yellow square was my aiming thing and i moved it into the gun and lost then i relized how to play it can become a challenge if you survive long enough but i like it

Reply to Have a look at my (unfinished) game!

You must be logged in to post a reply!