ForumsProgramming ForumHave a look at my (unfinished) game!

109 45323
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

http://www.swfme.com/view/1269722

It's been about 2 weeks in development.

Anyway, right now it gets pretty repetitive and boring. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it more interesting?

• 109 Replies
SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
454 posts
Nomad

thanks, im actually looking forward to this games final release and i was wandering if you could post what ideas you had for the upgrade shop?

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Something odd I noticed is that you have two textboxes for the score. It would look more profession if there was only one.

Another thing is that right clicking == godMode. True.

Time you spent alive should be converted to point of some kind and then spent on either moving to the next harder level or something to increase your likely hood of survival.

For the upgrade shop you could have; Extra lives in the game, Some rage meter thing that destroys some of the bullets, Ability to destroy a bullet in some fashion after some amount of hit, ability to slow the game down, ability to damage the central turret, place your own anti-turret.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Great ideas guys.

Originally this game was going to be a simple mouse avoider, but some of these ideas are so good that I have to implement them.

So the goal of the game is to (eventually) destroy the central turrent. Exactly how that will be done I'm not sure yet. Maybe you could alter the direction of the bullets to hit the turrent?

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Yay! New version! I've decided to call this version 0.2 now...

Click me! Please?

Next version will be mostly bug fixes and small improvements. After that, I'll make the upgrade shop.

SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
454 posts
Nomad

games getting better by the update you should think about making a logo and maybe even a website : )

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

nice... you made the game more user frendly... looks awsome.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

OK, now I'm working on screen transitions.

Any ideas for the transition?

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

This game is looking awesome!

agentstryker
agentstryker
1 posts
Nomad

wat is the name

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

For some reason I keep getting 853..

HydromiTad
HydromiTad
123 posts
Nomad

Ohh, sweet! You gotta get this on AG!

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Pretty good, a bit easy but still nice work. If you can, try to get it on Armor.

SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
454 posts
Nomad

ignore devsaupa and HydromiTad don't post it until you know its ready

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

@Somewhat49,

I'm looking into the bug right now. For some reason the game works fine when testing it in Flash, but it bugs up when I embed the swf into a browser.

853 is actually the number in the text box originally. Normally the number will get overwritten with whatever your score was. In your case, for some reason it isn't.

Strange...

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

853 is actually the number in the text box originally. Normally the number will get overwritten with whatever your score was. In your case, for some reason it isn't.

Maybe everyone just gets such bad scores that they don't compute and therefore don't show up.
Showing 61-75 of 109