ForumsProgramming ForumHave a look at my (unfinished) game!

110 18622
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
251 posts

http://www.swfme.com/view/1269722

It's been about 2 weeks in development.

Anyway, right now it gets pretty repetitive and boring. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it more interesting?

• 110 Replies
SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
455 posts

thanks, im actually looking forward to this games final release and i was wandering if you could post what ideas you had for the upgrade shop?

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,799 posts

Something odd I noticed is that you have two textboxes for the score. It would look more profession if there was only one.

Another thing is that right clicking == godMode. True.

Time you spent alive should be converted to point of some kind and then spent on either moving to the next harder level or something to increase your likely hood of survival.

For the upgrade shop you could have; Extra lives in the game, Some rage meter thing that destroys some of the bullets, Ability to destroy a bullet in some fashion after some amount of hit, ability to slow the game down, ability to damage the central turret, place your own anti-turret.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
251 posts

Great ideas guys.

Originally this game was going to be a simple mouse avoider, but some of these ideas are so good that I have to implement them.

So the goal of the game is to (eventually) destroy the central turrent. Exactly how that will be done I'm not sure yet. Maybe you could alter the direction of the bullets to hit the turrent?

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
251 posts

Yay! New version! I've decided to call this version 0.2 now...

Click me! Please?

Next version will be mostly bug fixes and small improvements. After that, I'll make the upgrade shop.

SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
455 posts

games getting better by the update you should think about making a logo and maybe even a website : )

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,545 posts

nice... you made the game more user frendly... looks awsome.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
251 posts

OK, now I'm working on screen transitions.

Any ideas for the transition?

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
954 posts

This game is looking awesome!

jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

The menus could have a little more gloss, menu + death music would be nice.

As for transitions, something as simple as fading white and then fading back would be nice enough.

jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

Sorry for the dp, but I kept getting 853 points, even though I never got anywhere close to that much. Also, a few more suggestions: put a delay on the box, so that it won't follow the mouse directly, or at least put a limit on the top speed it can go. Also, I suggest having the multiplier going up over time, like every ten seconds you get +.1 multiplier (and then it would reset after you die). Of course, that would mean some massive fiddling with the scoring system, it's just a suggestion.

agentstryker
agentstryker
1 posts

wat is the name

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,632 posts

For some reason I keep getting 853..

HydromiTad
HydromiTad
123 posts

Ohh, sweet! You gotta get this on AG!

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,814 posts

Pretty good, a bit easy but still nice work. If you can, try to get it on Armor.

SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
455 posts

ignore devsaupa and HydromiTad don't post it until you know its ready

Showing 61-75 of 110