ForumsPopular MediaStephen King

33 14126
Demetra
Demetra
63 posts
Nomad

Im a big fan of S.K so i created this topic for all the fans
Have you read any book recently?Which is your favorite?Anything to talk about S.K and his work just here!

Well - here's something that has been bothering me for days!
Im currently reading the Dreamcatcher.I was realy surprised when i read about Derry and Pennywise.When Mr.Gray went to the standpipe in order to contaminate the city's water,up there was a plaque of the Loser's club where there was written "Pennywise Lives".
This is a mystery and remains a mystery all these refers to IT.
Well he likes to keep us searching and sweating about what this might be xD clever!

• 33 Replies
waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

I need to get around to reading The Stand. And the Dark Tower series at that.
The first Stephen King book I actually read was "Duma Key". It was interesting. Unlike most Stephen King stories, it does not take place in Maine or Colorado, instead taking place in fictional Duma Key, Florida. It's about a man who loses his arm in a construction accident and moves to Florida to recover. He finds that he's good at painting, and whatever he paints becomes reality.

Demetra
Demetra
63 posts
Nomad

It's about a man who loses his arm in a construction accident and moves to Florida to recover. He finds that he's good at painting, and whatever he paints becomes reality.

Wow thats a pretty good story!So interesting!Ill keep in mind seriously.

On the other hand,i saw Dreamcatcher movie.I was realy dissapointed.Not that it was not good.But it did not follow the book in many things.And i love to see the book's plot becoming a movie just like it is.The end was so bad :/
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Has anyone here seen/watched the movie carrie i mentioned?

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

I need to get Carrie so badly. I heard that it is very good.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

...disconnects after the 3rd one, and the ending of the final book was dissapointing to say the least.

How so? The progression of Roland as a character is key to that series. You have to realize King isn't writing the "happy ending" here. King is focused on showing us a very human character. You'll notice that at the end Roland has his horn. A sure sign that something was different. Something had changed with him.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

How so? The progression of Roland as a character is key to that series. You have to realize King isn't writing the "happy ending" here. King is focused on showing us a very human character. You'll notice that at the end Roland has his horn. A sure sign that something was different. Something had changed with him.

Yes I know, and it wasn't the whole restart that I didn't like. It's that the crimson king was, well, pathetic. I was imagining him to be something...well, like his son, but a lot bigger/stronger. Not some crazy old dude who throws snitches off a tower balcony. The inside of the tower was kind of dissapointing too, all he did was climb it.
Demetra
Demetra
63 posts
Nomad

The dark tower series seem to be good.Id like to read them.I dunno what is it about.Im currently focusing in finishing the 3 other books i got before i buy a new one.But i will definately try this one.
As for Carrie ive heard its a fantastic movie/book.Ill be soon reading aswell.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I need to get Carrie so badly. I heard that it is very good.

As for Carrie ive heard its a fantastic movie/book.Ill be soon reading aswell.

Usually i hate movies once i've read the book but it's one that makes you enjoy the book even more - being able to put a face to the characters.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

This thread needs more 'The Eyes of the Dragon'. One of my favourite books, that, not just of King's.

I've like the vast majority of Stephen King stories that I've read (mostly novellas), but sometimes he seems to drag into overly verbose sidetracks. Still a great author, though. Certainly knows how to strike a mood.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

It's that the crimson king was, well, pathetic. I was imagining him to be something...well, like his son, but a lot bigger/stronger. Not some crazy old dude who throws snitches off a tower balcony. The inside of the tower was kind of dissapointing too, all he did was climb it.

I can see why you'd find that disappointing. The problem with the Crimson King is covered though. He's trapped there, limitted to what he can and cannot do because he got greedy and wanted to deny Roland the tower. Also, he's insane. Insane people are not logical.

As for the inside of the tower, well, I didn't have any real expectation on that, so it wasn't something I was bothered about.

This thread needs more 'The Eyes of the Dragon'. One of my favourite books, that, not just of King's

Really? Why? I mean aside from Flagg, or whoever he wants to be in that one, I really had no interest in the novel. I understand King was attempting to do something different, but it felt too simple to me, and just...boring.

I've like the vast majority of Stephen King stories that I've read (mostly novellas), but sometimes he seems to drag into overly verbose sidetracks.

He's begun to do this more and more in his most recent works.

My favourite novel of King's is: The Green Mile. In my opinion it is one of the few novels he has written that show the extent of his talent. I'm not saying his other books aren't good, but The Green Mile provides us with a look at why King and his work will be remembered for a very long time.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Really? Why?
I just really enjoyed it, that's really all there is too it. Many small things in it that I found to be excellent concepts.

Also 1408.
waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

By saying that Zoph, you just reminded me that I have Eyes of the Dragon sitting on my bookshelf. I have plenty of books I still need to read.
I think my next book will be "The Stand." I've started it a couple of times, but I think I was intimidated by the sheer size of the book.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

As strange as this sounds I prefer 1408's movie. The short story just felt a little anti climatic.

ianhq
ianhq
150 posts
Nomad

My favorite Steven king novel and probably one that i think needs more recognition is IT. The story of how a small town in Maine is terrorized by a supernatural being is great. I could read this over and over again. I was sad to see hat there would not be a sequel but IT is still one of my favorite books of all time.

Demetra
Demetra
63 posts
Nomad

My favorite Steven king novel and probably one that i think needs more recognition is IT. The story of how a small town in Maine is terrorized by a supernatural being is great. I could read this over and over again. I was sad to see hat there would not be a sequel but IT is still one of my favorite books of all time.

You are super right!!!IT is a fantastic book!Im reading it atm and im the were Bill Denbrough beats the devil - I.
I cant put the book down seriously!Its breath-taking
Showing 16-30 of 33