Forums

ForumsForum Games

Armatar War - Capture the Flag

Posted Sep 9, '11 at 10:49pm

bigfatkitty

bigfatkitty

333 posts

I first created an Armatar War while stumbling blind. Luckily, JohnGarell informed me of the Armatar War Ideas thread, and there I have created an idea for a war, and got it approved. So enjoy!

Armatar Wars: Capture the Flag
This is a clan-friendly game, where each faction has a territory with one or more (depending on clan size, more on that later) flags. When a clan member is on enemy territory, he can be attacked and killed. When he is killed, he re-spawns in his territory with a different Armatar. When a clan member is on his clan's territory, he cannot be killed, but can be delayed (so for instance, if I was after an SD flag, john could kill me with an ice spike, but if he was after a GC flag, he could not kill me, only freeze me or otherwise incapacitate me). The effect does not change no matter where the attack comes from, it depends only on where the target is.
The objective of the game is for your clan to get as many Flag Points as possible, by taking enemy flags and bringing them across the border to their territory (after a flag is Captured, it will respawn at it's starting point). The flags are divided thus:

Basic Flag: Every faction has this flag. It is close to the border of it's territory (only 1 mile in), and so can be captured in a few posts by a small raid. Capturing a basic flag awards 5 points.
Large Flag: Clans with 5 or more members have one of these on their territory (if smaller clans had big flags, larger clans could get points too easily).  These flags are 3 miles in, so it will take a raid a while to bring on of these back, probably at least a page. Capturing a Large Flag awards 15 points.
Arcane Banner: Clans with 10 or more members have these. They are deep in clan territory (7 miles!), with tough terrain around them (such as swamp or a thick blizzard, clan leader decides what). It will take a large raid and probably multiple pages of posts to get one of these, but capturing one gets you 50 points.
NO FREE WALKBACKS!
Also, killing another player's Armatar trying to get one of your flags gets you 1 Point.
Flag points are for clans. If a person is not in a clan, the points are for him alone, but in clans the points go to the clan. And only the leader has the power to spend the points, although he can give others permission to spend them.

It takes 1 post to travel 1 mile. Faster creatures can travel at 2 miles per post.

That is the basic setup of the game. There would be a leaderboard, and clans would compete for positions. However, there would also be a choice: Clans can keep Flag Points, to gather score and top the leaderboard, or SPEND them at the Store, to  help defend their flags and attack enemy ones. Clan leaders would give certain members of their choice the ability to spend points at the store...

Types of items at the Store:
Pets: Beasts which can be commanded by the clan leader, or whoever purchased them, as well as anyone the pet is told to obey by it's original masters. They can defend flags, act as transport, and assist on raids. They can be killed, but not easily.
Defenses: Fortifications that can be built around Flags. Different levels of forts for the different types of flags. These can be destroyed, but will respawn when the flag does.
Guardians: Beings created to defend flags. A flag can only have 3 Guardians max. There are 3 types of Guardians: Spirits for basic flags (cannot fight, but put nasty charms on attackers), Elementals for Large Flags (different types control different elements to protect flags and destroy attackers), and Demons for Arcane Banners (very powerful beings, taking multiple armatars to destroy). Guardians can be killed, but respawn when the flag does.

The list:
PETS:
Dog: A simple dog. Capable of tracking by smell (good against sneak attacks), fairly fast, can carry the flag, capable of biting in combat.  7 pts
Salamander: Small winged lizard. Cannot fly very high, about 6 ft above ground. Can carry the flag, and spit poison in combat. 6 pts
Direwolf: A massive wolf, can run very fast, has smell tracking, can carry an Armatar on it's back. Capable of biting, trampling and savaging enemies in combat. 20 pts
Griffon: Giant eagle/lion hybrid, capable of flying high and quickly. Can carry an Armatar on it's back. Capable of tearing with beak and slashing with claws in combat. 23 pts
Aracnar: Massive spider. Not very fast, can climb vertical surfaces and carry an Armatar on it's back. Capable of spitting webs to trap enemies, and attacking with jaws in combat. 20 pts
Dragon: Capable of flying high at extreme speeds, and can carry 2 Armatars on it's back. Has excellent eyesight. In combat it can smash with claws, bite, and breathe fire. 50 pts
Basilisk: Can slither quickly along the ground, and tunnel at medium speed. Cannot carry Armatars. Attacks using teeth, venom, constriction, and can paralyze enemies for 120 seconds (1 post) with it's stare (this effect can only be used on 1 enemy at a a time. 50 pts

DEFENSES:
Basic Flag Defenses:

Mound: A 2 meter high ring-shaped mound of earth with steep walls around the flag. Armatars defending the flag can control it and make it part for them, so they can get in.  5 pts
Stakes: Wooden stakes stuck in the ground around the flag, the ends are sharpened. 3 pts
Catapult: A small catapult, capable of launching large rocks at enemies. Requires an armatar to man it in battle. 5 pts
Large Flag Defenses:
Wall: A stone wall around the flag. Sides are vertical. It parts for defenders just like the Mound. 10 pts
Pitfalls: A set of pits lined with spikes and covered with vegetation around the flag. When an enemy steps on them, they fall into the pit and are impaled. 7 pts
Cannon: A large cannon that must be manned by an Armatar in combat. Fires cannonballs. 14 pts
Arcane Banner Defenses:
Force Field: A Magic shield around the flag that only lets the defenders in. Can be blasted through, but this is very hard. 27 pts.
Landmines: Plants a set of magic bombs around the Flag, that explode when an enemy steps on them. 23 pts
Thunderlance: A large gun-like machine, needs to be manned by an Armatar in combat. Fires a huge bolt of electricity at enemies. 32 pts.

GUARDIANS:
Spirits:
Vine Creeper: A spirit that lives in vines which grown around the flag. When enemies attack, it will use the vines to ensnare enemies, leaving them vulnerable. 10 pts
Illusionist: Creates several illusionary flags, only the defending clan can tell the difference between an illusion and the real flag. However, when the illusions are touched, fingers will pass through them, so only the real one may be touched. 7 pts
Distorter: When an enemy grabs the flag, this spirit latches on to them, making them feel dizzy and disoriented. 10 pts
Elementals:
Sprite: A fire elemental. Can shoot fireballs and lava at enemies. 17 pts.
Golem: A massive earth elemental. Very strong and tough, can also create small earthquakes. 22 pts
Triton: Water elemental, can fight with a trident and create waves and water blasts. 20 pts
Demons:
Brutalos: A huge armored monster. Extremely hard to destroy, has a tough exoskeleton and immense strength. Armed with a huge morningstar. 50 pts
Arcanis: A ghostly demon, can raise squadrons of skeletons to protect the flag. He can also weaken an enemy holding the flag, draining their strength. 50 pts
Glacieth: A deadly ice demon, with his magical bow he can put an ice spike through an opponent from almost a mile away. Capable of freezing enemies, very fast and has ranged attack. 60 pts
Anatis: Human sized demon, possesses unmatched speed and agility, his claws can slice through any armor like butter. Also possesses the power of sound, and can shock his enemies using noise. 75 pts

If you have any questions post on this thread.
Let the battle begin!

Posted Sep 10, '11 at 3:43pm

JohnGarell

JohnGarell

953 posts

Nice work. So, would it be OK if I did something like this?

I go to GC-camp, after their Arcane Banner. Everybody who get in my way will be victim for my latest attack*.

*I put the enemy in a compact, nearly unbreakable ice-bubble who will break itself 10 seconds before the victim suffocates.

--

Another question, would it be OK if I put a GC-member in an ice-ball who I roll to SD-camp?

SD [1 mile into GC-camp]

Posted Sep 10, '11 at 4:36pm

rivercrab01

rivercrab01

96 posts

Would you count me as a 'fast animal'?

Anyway, I aim small. I scurry across the ground where the enemy cannot see me, and aim for the Basic Flag.

SD (GC Basic flag)

Posted Sep 10, '11 at 4:45pm

dair5

dair5

2,479 posts

I go with Johngarell as back up. I create a root system by dropping seeds along the way. These quickly grow into small plants that give me a view of anything that's behind us. So we can't get surpise attacks.

Posted Sep 10, '11 at 5:10pm

JohnGarell

JohnGarell

953 posts

Would you count me as a 'fast animal'?

Personally, I think you are as fast as everybody else. You're not so big, but pretty fast for your size.

GC Basic flag

GC have 25 members if I'm not wrong. So they have an Arcane Banner, not a Basic flag.

Why don't you instead take SR's Arcane Banner? They have 10 members.

I go with Johngarell as back up. I create a root system by dropping seeds along the way. These quickly grow into small plants that give me a view of anything that's behind us. So we can't get surpise attacks.

That's an awesome idea. But please post SD and the place you are on in the end of your posts.

--

I keep walking in GC-camp, still don't find anyone.

SD [2 miles into GC-camp]

Posted Sep 10, '11 at 5:17pm

rivercrab01

rivercrab01

96 posts

GC have 25 members if I'm not wrong. So they have an Arcane Banner, not a Basic flag.

I thought they had all three?

Well, if they do have a basic flag, I run back with the flag and nab SD a quick 5 points, then try and catch up with JG and dair. If there is no basic flag, I Catch up with JG and hide in the bushes and trees, keeping an eye out for any enemies that think they can sneak up on JG and dair. I also hide in the trees if there is a flag.

SD (Catching up with JG)

Posted Sep 10, '11 at 5:17pm

dair5

dair5

2,479 posts

SD [behind john. Um 1.99 miles into GC camp?]

Posted Sep 10, '11 at 5:19pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,364 posts

I'm not playing, but I can provide the answer:

Basic Flag: Every faction has this flag. It is close to the border of it's territory (only 1 mile in), and so can be captured in a few posts by a small raid. Capturing a basic flag awards 5 points.

Posted Sep 10, '11 at 5:28pm

JohnGarell

JohnGarell

953 posts

No, but the Basic flag do they got. I'm sorry.

Well, if they do have a basic flag, I run back with the flag and nab SD a quick 5 points

Don't you need to go back to camp first?

I Catch up with JG and hide in the bushes and trees, keeping an eye out for any enemies that think they can sneak up on JG and dair. I also hide in the trees if there is a flag.

Then you are 2 miles into GC-camp.

SD [behind john. Um 1.99 miles into GC camp?]

No offense, but I don't need followers. Why don't you go get SR's Arcane Banner instead?

@Patrick2011 Thanks. I didn't see that.

I keep walking into GC-camp...

SD [3 miles into GC-camp]

Posted Sep 10, '11 at 5:31pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,364 posts

No, but the Basic flag do they got. I'm sorry.

Yes, they do! Here's proof:

Large Flag: Clans with 5 or more members have one of these on their territory (if smaller clans had big flags, larger clans could get points too easily).  These flags are 3 miles in, so it will take a raid a while to bring on of these back, probably at least a page. Capturing a Large Flag awards 15 points.

You need to pay more attention to the OP of a thread you are going to post in.

Reply to Armatar War - Capture the Flag

You must be logged in to post a reply!