Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

[GUIDE] How to Report

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 10, '11 at 7:13pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,413 posts

If a user is breaking the rules, please flag their post/comment and report the user to a moderator. The red flag besides posts and comments will send a report to the administrators. If a problem needs immediate attention, please report it to a moderator, preferably one who is active.

When you report, you will need the name of the offender if there is one, the reason you are reporting, and evidence of the offense.

Your report should consist of the following:
Name of the Offender - We need to know who you are reporting if you're reporting someone. This will help us identify the offender quickly and deal with them.
What the Offense is - We need to know why they are being reported. This will help us identify the problem and deal with it quicker.
Where the Offense occurred - We need to know where the offender broke the rules. This will be used as evidence of the offense.

Having this information will allow a moderator to deal with the problem faster. Missing information may result in delays or inaction. It will take use longer if we don't know who or why you are reporting and we may simply not have the time to deal with it. We cannot do anything without evidence of the offense.

False reports will be trouble for you.
Problems that you started may not be dealt with and may be more trouble for you.

To present evidence to a moderator, you will need one of the following:

For Games
Game Comments - Please include user, reason, and a link to the game's comments in your report.
In-game Chat - Please include user, reason, and a link to a screenshot of the offensive comments in your report. Moderators cannot deal with Guest accounts. You will need an Administrator.
Hackers - Moderators do not deal with hackers. For hackers in Colony, please report them here. For hacked high-scores, please report them to Justin.

For Forums
Threads - Please include the reason and a link to the forum thread in your report. Do not post in the thread.
Posts - Please include the user, reason, and a link to the forum post or the page where the forum post is.

For Profiles
Profiles - Please include a reason and a link to the user's profile in your report.
Your Comments - Please include the user and reason. DO NOT delete any of the offensive comments. Incomplete or nonexistent offensive comments will not be dealt with. You may delete the offensive comments after it has been dealt with.

Posted Sep 10, '11 at 8:23pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,721 posts

I notice that the old version of this thread is now locked. Why was it locked and replaced with this thread?

Posted Sep 11, '11 at 3:45pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,052 posts

I would also make a note that spam in game comments - try not to bother with those, there are too many of them and there is a bot that deals with these. Flag any spam game comments, don't really report to a mod unless if its needs immediate attention.

Posted Sep 21, '11 at 9:05pm

ponny

ponny

1 post

I dont ever want to report some one, but if I have to, I will.

Posted Oct 1, '11 at 9:55pm

NullDragon17

NullDragon17

17 posts

red flag?

Posted Oct 2, '11 at 3:26pm

Oblitr8

Oblitr8

30 posts

//
                                                                 ////                                                             
                                                               ////// 
                                                              ///////                                                                                                   
                                                             ////////     
                                                            /////////
The red flag next to the comment. -------------------------------

Posted Oct 2, '11 at 3:42pm

manarion

manarion

54 posts

how long does it take, like how many comments of yours have to be flagged before you get a punishment?

Posted Oct 2, '11 at 8:11pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,413 posts

Plenty enough. It depends on what the problem is.

Posted Oct 13, '11 at 12:27pm

cooldownman

cooldownman

110 posts

when i first started playing on this website, well first i should say my mouse some times has these little spaz out moments and then my mouse goes in a weird direction even if your hand isn't on it, and i accidently flagged some one that all it said was "good game i liked it good job ________ keep it up" so what did i do like what happened to him cause i am sorry for it

Posted Oct 15, '11 at 1:07am

BenDrDoom

BenDrDoom

3 posts

you have to go to them or a game and go to the flag to report.