ForumsProgramming ForumSandbox Game(not devloped)

27 13146
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

i am starting a games called sandbox game... tis will take a while but i thought "why not?" so im starting with what i hope the game to look like

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/Omnihero10/Game%20pic/Game-1.jpg

• 27 Replies
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

i sm using action script 3 and flashdevlop

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Your high quality concept art really shows how much you care about this project. Aside from that, what's the purpose of this thread? Is it a development log?

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

yes... and aslo... im like a new programmer... this is ma first game... and tis is the first concept... didnt mean to offend you with my "art"

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

his is ma first game

What kind of game is this anyways? You gave a picture and title with absolutely no description. Also, what's with the all the ellipses?
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

i d k i like ecllipses

okay this i a sandbox game... you are a cave man along with four others but they have no motives to do any thing ...

so you and you alone wander you world collectong items from anywhere... wvery tile has a set amount of options depending on its apperance... once you collect thing you can combine them to make yet another object.... also you slowly you evolve along with you enviroment ...

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

So like 2d Minecraft from a top-down perspective?

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

see i dont even no what minecraft is like every one tell me its like minecraft...

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

see i dont even no what minecraft is like every one tell me its like minecraft...

Then you need to google it then.

So like 2d Minecraft from a top-down perspective?

From his description it looks like that.

So will the game be purely tile based? Along with the movement? It would be the easiest but not prettiest system. Kinda like a rougelike minecraft retro game.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

So will the game be purely tile based? Along with the movement? It would be the easiest but not prettiest system. Kinda like a rougelike minecraft retro game.

Haha this really looks like minecraft to everyone then? It does quite match the same description from starting with nothing, next the cavemen punch trees.
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

Ya im not doing this any more... it seem stupid.. i ran this through some friends and they said it was g aa y so ya... im going to make a new game a bout a caveman the drinks the elixar of life... and fight with different weapon throught the ages.. you also evolve your aperance...

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Now that sounds pretty interesting.

Here's an interesting idea. What if the entire stage was linear, so not very wide, but extremely long, and as going along the path moves time foward?

So linear distance also represents time.

(I'll make it if you don't)

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

Now that sounds pretty interesting.
Here's an interesting idea. What if the entire stage was linear, so not very wide, but extremely long, and as going along the path moves time foward?
So linear distance also represents time.
(I'll make it if you don't)

ya that was the entire idea... lol and when the cave man turns into a night or a midevil man you entire a King,s house(i forgot the name...lol)you know a loare stone building... and when you go the reansance to go through a tent.. then a military base... the a space base... you get
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

If you want to help.. ill look at your stage...

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
260 posts
Nomad

Nice. Looks interesting so far.

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

thats... i like my friends well.. in kindness.., right afteri pitched the idea to them the said... "that sounds kind g a y dude...

Showing 1-15 of 27