Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

[RULES] Hey Creative People!

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 7, '12 at 9:50pm

gusvieira

gusvieira

45 posts

In the music section, in what terms a cover is placed? Is it considered plagiarism or is it alright if I actually give the copyrights to the correct owners?

Posted Jan 7, '12 at 10:20pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,063 posts

A cover isn't plagiarism, but it would be copyright infringement if you did not receive permission from the copyright holder.

Posted May 15, '12 at 11:14pm

Arex13

Arex13

2 posts

how can i post my drawing?

Posted May 26, '12 at 12:44pm

dalang

dalang

12 posts

ok, i get it.. thanks )

Posted Jun 6, '12 at 7:33pm

Imai

Imai

4 posts

Thanks, now I need to read the thread ;D

Posted Jun 13, '12 at 3:56pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,419 posts

Knight

Is it a possibility to bring the art skills competition back? It may regenerate the creative energy this forum needs if we encouraged more artists to create again, and it could even get non-artistic people to explore their creative side.

Posted Jun 13, '12 at 4:07pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Is it a possibility to bring the art skills competition back? It may regenerate the creative energy this forum needs if we encouraged more artists to create again, and it could even get non-artistic people to explore their creative side.

If nothing else happen, I will be bringing it back sometime in the fall, since I am missing it a lot too. It won't be particularly optimal in any way, but it's probably better than nothing. After all, most regulars here have gotten used to the judge being late.

At least, that is if no one else takes up the torch on this.

Posted Jun 14, '12 at 2:37pm

Armpit

Armpit

803 posts

Wasn't there a short story contest at one point too? What happened to that?

Posted Jun 14, '12 at 3:07pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

It died horribly, when no one bothered to write entries.
Short stories never really had much of a standing contest-wise, due to them being a lot of work on both sides of the judging.
Not to mention the WoM is still running, and while it is not that big an energy user as it once was, I think most of the contestants are still on the ready for stealth assignments and what not.

But it might be worth it to get one running... I just know that I won't be able to participate properly.
Otherwise, there is Xzeno's cool tweet-sized fiction contest, which might be at least some of what you are looking for.

Posted Jun 18, '12 at 2:19pm

melon0111

melon0111

213 posts

Would we lose any sort of rights to our work?