ForumsGamesPokemon Creepypastas, and the Lavender Town 'Conspiracy'

21 8576
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

These things are in fact, as they are called, kind of creepy. A really well known creepy-pasta is the Lavender Town Conspiracy (or Lavender Town Syndrome). It was basically a rumor/creepy-pasta/conspiracy or whatever you want to call it that said children committed suicide after listening to the Lavender Town theme in the original Red and Green. Children would apparently get insomnia, headaches, etc. before killing themselves. What's your opinion on these creepypastas?

• 21 Replies
WolfWolf
WolfWolf
801 posts
Nomad

I just think they are fake like most creepypastas are(though they are pretty scary). When I went through Lavender Town when I played Red I hated the music since I though it was just noise and I did get headaches but never wanted to kill myself. Here's another creepypasta. I feel like a wimp being scared of Pokemon games now.

afcmitchell
afcmitchell
66 posts
Blacksmith

Here's another creepypasta.

Wow dude, that's some scary *hit right there! However you can never be sure it's actually real ;(.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

I feel like a wimp being scared of Pokemon games now

Same here, but I blame that site. I don't know why, but if I read something on that site, I always get scared even before I get to the scary part. It's totally weird.
PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

The original Lavender Town music had high pitched sounds in it that only children can hear.

These high pitched sounds gave children headaches and nausea, that's all there is too it

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

its true (what psycho said not everything lol). i remember playing this when i was at least 7, maybe younger. that music had a weird affect on me. i hated it and loved it at the same time. i remember it used to make me feel sick though. in some point of that song there is this weird mechanical sound (idk if this is what is meant i can still hear it even today) and that sound makes me feel alittle sick even today.

but thats it. im sure nothing more then that ever happened

Nick712
Nick712
12 posts
Nomad

i kinda got creeped out by the lavendor town music so i just turned off the sound... 0.o

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

I haven't played Red in years and forgot the music so I looked it up.
Must kill family.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

This is odd. Is there actually any prof of this? Anything at all? I doubt most children know what suicide is. And there lives r great, get what u want, school is easy, can do whatever. Why would they kill themselves?
Any way here is a real creepy one but it makes NO sense at all, so it's probably fake. But still scary. Sorry if u have sleep issues after reading it, not my fault.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Creepypastas eh?

That's one thing I didn't expect to have a thread on here. ;P

But anyways, here's a good one I found.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I don't want to relive this again. They told me it was just a game. Just a harmless Pokemon game. Why, why all the scratching? Pokemon just can't die...they faint. They aren't dead, they're just buried alive. And continue to be. Marowak promised her Cubone he wouldn't be alone ever again. You can't just leave them there mommy, or else they will claw out. And take revenge! I don't want to be alone, but not like this! You have to stop dnopleasemommynodonô'tdothisnotthebeltÿI'llbeagoodboyIpromisepleasenotthebeltthey'll
comeböackanddragyo�uiônpleasedon'tpunishmemommyI'llbeagoodboyI'llbeagoodâ-�â-�bâ
��oy�I'llbeagoodboy��æâ��â-�â-��ö

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

Okay guys, I don't really find the song that scary. It's weird, and is annoying listening to for more than a minute, but... suicides? Unlikely.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

......uh ok. That was interesting thank u freakenstien. I have actualy had one happen but it's not that great. I was using my action replay and I wanted a dragonair so I used the cheat but when it went to battle a white box came up name " " I panicked and turn it off. Then me and my friend looked it up and found something similar to the ghost thing. It was away back in the yellow version and was just a collection of pixles. If u catch it, it deletes r hall of fame but gives u some pokemon, really good ones. Now I was play platinum so keep that in mind. Then we kept looking and found that the thing in yellow wasn't supposed to be there. It was a small program of all the pokemon together. What me and my friend thought was that the white box was a modern version of this ghost thing. So I go back and catch it. It has no moves and in the pc box it is a bad egg. So what I will do once I get my action replay back is go catch it with a spot on my party open. I won't save the game just incase something really bad happens. I will investigate it more to be safe but the hack for the action replay dsi was using the calculator u can type in the pkmn number and clear, then the level, clear and then put in any 1 digit number and run around in grass and that pokemon will appear. To get rid of it, leave the area. Go check it out. I have the code on me.... Sone were I will post it when I can.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Oh yeah, for the cheat u need to press sertant buttons in between clears. I don't remeber them but search" calculator cheat" and u should find it. Should

candyman222
candyman222
59 posts
Nomad

OMG i know this part of this was from "the suaside pokemon" when u go in the grass and professer oak dosent catch u random pics of kids with suaside come up *shivers* and the guy who made it killed him self and one of his friends (music composer) made the song the game boy and game boy color have some kind of spaker to show off this u know the app mosquito? its kind of like that the affect will not accor on old peeps :P anyways every one who is responsable is dead

MW3SUCK
MW3SUCK
22 posts
Nomad

Interestingly enough i had just researched this after seeing videos by youtuber "BlameTruth" now what i do know is that although i dont think that children had killed them self i do believe some had to be admitted to the hospital due to headaches and related cases of irritation. i had also read and heard many other different spooky things regarding the lavender town music including the images that the music produced which included many unknowns which werent made pokemon till the 2nd or 3rd gen pokemon games... no explanation was made regarding the images. others creepy things include the "white hand"and the mysterious glitch pokemon.... you really have to google this subject to learn more

Showing 1-15 of 21