ForumsProgramming ForumTime Fight( name still Devloping along with the game)

53 19068
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

Basicly this is a Devlopement log about a Flash Game i am making. BTFW i am sorta of a programing Noob.

About the game

Well you start as a cave man in your cave. you've spent most of your Childhood trying to Creat fire. One day you do but a nother cave man takes it and runs off soo... you chase after him and find that you are blocked bt Dinosaurs( ya i Know caveman exisited WAAAAAY after dinosaurs but...) so you Battle them with your club and by throwing rocks... eventually you clibm ths mountain into a volcano to fight the boss( a T-Rex)once you leave the volcano you seee this castle you enter you see the man run of in this armor holding your fire... you armor up and grab a Cross bow and a short swords( which you buy fom the money you find from killing the dinos) and you fight the invading army that is attacking the castle. but your are trying yo chase after the dude with your fire along the way you see out posts were you Buy better weapons like long bow ( extra rand and faster reload) long sword ( better strength but slower attacks0 and what not. and ill tell you all later...

• 53 Replies
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

well i was going to make a side shooter... like mario bt not g aa y. and ill look into it.

the after i posted that i looked at my 6th grade social studies book ( i learned the early histoyr then) and i saw some better civilazations... i might want to do more buti think ill do what Age of war did... ill make the first one with some time periods and if it does okay ill make another with alot of periods...

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

But really... there is ALOT of stuff that kids never think about when making a video game... artwork,progrmming, and Music but the hardes part is the programming...

Haha actualy for me programming is the EASY part, getting all the artwork, sound effects, and music is hard for me since I have no idea where to get the stuff, with the programming I already have all the components I need.
okay i am adding these time periods...
1 Cave man
2) egyption
3) Greek/ roman ( half levels
4)Midevil
5) rennosance)
6Modern
7future
8SUPER FUTURE

I think that if your planning to add that many time periods, thats gonna take a while, I would say use future in next game.
well i was going to make a side shooter... like mario bt not g aa y. and ill look into it.

Side shooter is gonna take some time.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Wait... Did you mean side-scroller? Because I just relized side-shooter isn't a game catagory lol/

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

well i dont really no the catagorys ( im kinda nooby) but like i said its a shooter wuth a side view... and i think i will start with Egyptian,Greek, Roman, then midvil, then the renosance. then the next game i will have WW1, WW2, modern, Future.

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

Well i say that game creating is th HARDEST THING EVER!!!!!!!! this is soo time consuming and confusing but i am goint to do it! i will work day and night till i get this down programming tips would help. i need help with flash devlope or a free version of Adobe flash...

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

see i was thinkin about making the game in stencylWorks... tat would be alot easier

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

I GOT ThE MAIN charater ...http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/Omnihero10/Maincharatertorso.jpg

well the first try... im not good with pixels but...

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

i upgraded him...

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/Omnihero10/Maincharatertorso-1.jpg

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

what do you guys that bother to look here think....

plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

Looks cool.

daylin2
daylin2
259 posts
Nomad

sweat dude

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

ty guys.... i need to edit them so.... i need to reund them off but those were the first pixel avatars that i made

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

well ive kinda been procrastinating but ive staarted to work again with the fall break from school... 2 Weeks of no school.... got to love life

ive sterted to edit the charater but i think i need to use more vibrent colors...

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/Omnihero10/Maincharatertorso-2.jpg

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

When do you think you will release it ?

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

What the game... soon... inm on fall breaksso i have some serious time... but ill just post aversion of it on newgrounds.com... then continue to up date it... but the main charater needs something. and i can honesaly say the artwork is the hardest part in the game making...

Showing 16-30 of 53