ForumsProgramming ForumTime Fight( name still Devloping along with the game)

53 19086
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

Basicly this is a Devlopement log about a Flash Game i am making. BTFW i am sorta of a programing Noob.

About the game

Well you start as a cave man in your cave. you've spent most of your Childhood trying to Creat fire. One day you do but a nother cave man takes it and runs off soo... you chase after him and find that you are blocked bt Dinosaurs( ya i Know caveman exisited WAAAAAY after dinosaurs but...) so you Battle them with your club and by throwing rocks... eventually you clibm ths mountain into a volcano to fight the boss( a T-Rex)once you leave the volcano you seee this castle you enter you see the man run of in this armor holding your fire... you armor up and grab a Cross bow and a short swords( which you buy fom the money you find from killing the dinos) and you fight the invading army that is attacking the castle. but your are trying yo chase after the dude with your fire along the way you see out posts were you Buy better weapons like long bow ( extra rand and faster reload) long sword ( better strength but slower attacks0 and what not. and ill tell you all later...

• 53 Replies
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

lawl like i said... my internet is off... so im on my mothers computer while she is out of town... i might try get on more often but still the game is doing okay and im doing a lot of readin.. like a LOT of reading... more thatn a boy my age should.... and im asking Q's ( my dad went to collage for programmming but it didnt work out though... the job market went sour and he turned to Warehousing... ledto powerwashing and now he has his own bussness... Apex power cleaning... any way... my comp is also old and has slow loading speeds... im saving up to get a new one... and about the game...

ia am getting sidetract... girls, school, girls... you know the usuall stuff but ive deside to take a small break. last week ive desides to stop Morking har and being confused all the time. ive turnned programming into a Hobby instead of a Carrer. im only 13 and dont wat to go bald early... lawl. but its okay. ive realize that proramming is EXTREMELY hard! probbally the hardest thig ive ever done... and willevery do. ( besides trying to understand and make girls logocal... that shiz is impossiable.) AGAIN back to the topic. iv desided to break the game into 2 parst ..

Game one,
Cave man
Egypt
Greek
Roman
Viking ( the game can spilit down two paths depending where you go...)
Mid evil

Game 2

Classical
Ren
Cival war
Ww1
WW2
WW3
Tech
Adv teh
End game Tower.

what do you think... and it will be a level system... trust me...... any replies ill do my best to get on more often ... Ty

- Storm Hughes

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I don't get how will those two games go together though, and will both of them still be including the caveman?

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

well.... the caveman evolves over time... he aquire new "skins" and weapons im thinking on adding armor... what do you think?

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Adding armor would be quite useful since weapons evolve with the ages. But I really don't think you need new skins, just slap on a new armor arfter going to a new time.

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

well "skins" its the code for armor... its what i call them but yes.. im also going to add a weapon system like lobbing direct or Physical(couldnt spell melle or maele or meale or what ever... but im getting lots of syntax error and its kinda hard... i TOTALLY underestamated the time it would take to make the game... i though about usind Styencil and code but that might be cheating... but a game is a game... Right?

- Storm Hughes

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it honestly doesn't really matter what tool you use 99% of the time.

As long as the tool has the power to do what you need it to do, it will be fine.

skyguy351
skyguy351
3 posts
Nomad

I well........ Think its a great idea

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

ya flashdev is too hard to use for my game has much graphics.. but i still use code...

Showing 46-53 of 53