ForumsProgramming ForumGaining motivation

3 3977
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

What once was a exciting, new project is now a slumbering, boring snail. Where once I could easily end up spending my entire weekend working on my game, now I have to force myself to make a new upgrade or whatever.

My question is, what do you do to stop procrastinating and keep going with projects?

• 3 Replies
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

well think of the reward...what you will get i return... of all the positive outcome... what i thing you should post your game on armorgames after you finish the firts upgrade. them make a second using circles instead of squares and have a square robot follow the mouse to dodge...

plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

Taking a week long break is good sometimes, that is what I do. If I get any ideas during that time I write them down onto paper just in case I want to program them later. Other than that, finding motivation is different for everyone. My motivation comes from creating something on screen that pushes my own skill set.

I just work on my games in leisure time and usually take long breaks between days of programming. If I was getting paid my motivation would be a little different though.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

What I do is just when I start to lose motivation take a break from the game.

Showing 1-3 of 3