ForumsNews and FeedbackProfile suggestions

15 3341
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I haven't seen a thread for profile suggestions, so I thought I'd make one.

- Check mark and delete all option for public and private messages. I know moderators and administrators probably have that option for profiles currently on AG2, but on AG3 you should give it to us normal users as well. I doubt many of us like to delete things one at a time, it gets very tedious and it's time consuming.

- Make the profiles overall larger. Last time I checked most things on the profile were scrunched together and that isn't very eye appealing. Also, the biography was very small. I remember it being much smaller than the profiles on AG2, it took up a smaller portion of the screen and there are more background space. Instead of that make it wider and more to scroll down as. Most things on the profile need to be larger to even view them, like the friends list, details (PSN, Xbox Live, etc.), biography, and some other things that were on there. Have it like how it is now, just make it more appealing and larger so everything isn't scrunched.

- Instead of the "Load more" thing make it so there are pages. There's nothing wrong with how it is now, so why change what isn't broken? It's better with pages too because you know how much content there is, rather than clicking the load more option so many times and when you refresh the page it restarts.

That's all I can think of for now.

• 15 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

First paragraph: YES!

Second paragraph: Thaboss read somewhere (can't find the exact thread) that Ron (Gumption) was redesigning the profile pages, probably with more emphasis on the biography. (Thaboss knows because he said that the biographies were a little small, and then cormyn said that the profiles were being redesigned.)

Third:

Actually, Ron (Gumption) just told me that game lists WILL be pagination, so I stand (er, sit) corrected.

That's for the game lists, no idea about the profiles.

Thaboss could be wrong about all this stuff, hopefully someone with inside knowledge will respond.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Tah dah!

The Achievement System isn't built yet, so (a) there's no way to gain points, and (b) we don't know where we'll show it yet. Ron (Gumption) is redesigning our profile pages.

Never mind about thaboss saying that the biographies were too small. (Twas wrong.)
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Okay.

I have another suggestion:
Add SkypeID to the profiles, with the things like MSN, AIM, etc. I got the idea from this thread and I think it'd be a nice addition.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

That definitely should be there! Skype is used by a lot of people, and it would be great for AG users to be able to possibly connect like that.

Zoey1092
Zoey1092
111 posts
Nomad

Yes Finally Some1 Who's Smart!!! ^^^

I Have A Thread In Support And Suggestions About Adding Skype ID To Profile... ThaBoss Ur Smart!

LeftyG
LeftyG
58 posts
Nomad

I'd Add My Skype Up There...

Also Mayb A Background For Your Profile... Like Instead Of It Being White By Default You Could Give Several Colour Options

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

I Have A Thread In Support And Suggestions About Adding Skype ID To Profile... ThaBoss Ur Smart!

Well... It was GhostOfMatrix who made this thread, linked that other thread to this thread, and said that SkypeID should be up there. Thaboss just agreed with him. But thanks.
Zoey1092
Zoey1092
111 posts
Nomad

Lol Srry GhostOfMatrix Ur Both Smart!!!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Also, I'd like something like this. With the headings, underlines, and line breaks. I know that Armor Games doesn't use textile, but those things are available in HTML, so I'd like HTML to be used in biographies. And the line breaks aren't mentioned in that thread, but to do it is something like <hr>.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I am not too sure about the Skype ID. Most users (Not everyone) don't even use the ones (Yahoo, AIM, PSN, ETC...) we currently have as they are intended to be used. Going from this, i would have to say, that the Skype ID would end up just as the ones we have right now.

The HTML idea is great! Would add a whole new look to all profiles!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

So, uh, you guys will need to wait for the open beta, but you'll probably need to rethink everything you discuss in this thread. That's all I can share right now.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

just had to add matrix HTML in the bios is strictly agenst the rules so that on would be a no, thanks,

(i would make a longer post but cormyn is right, there is not even profiles any more at the moment.)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Just wondering, but why is HTML against the rules?

And I know profiles aren't on there yet, it's just suggestions for them to consider.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Html is the make up of a website, if they give you the power of HTML in your bio you could do ANY THING, even virues and so on, and they could limit the HTML you can puting it but that is hackable and just makes the bio take up more room. i think you can us BB code though, and if you can't i would go all for that.

matrix i was not going agenst your ideas they are good ones, i am just a busy person and see that this is not a "right now needed" thing though i agree with you like normal( i can only remeber one time we did not agree... LOL). execpt i never use those "msn,Xbox wii, and so on stuff" but ading skype sounds like something many people would like to do, though i would never share my skype id.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Ah. Well, take out the HTML idea and replace it with more BB codes, such as underlining things. The underline would be nice for heading parts of your about.

Yeah, I know it's not absolutely needed right now, just suggestions for the future, like all others.

Showing 1-15 of 15