ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] What would you do with one googol dollars?

76 32129
Listomania13
Listomania13
10 posts
Nomad

a google is one followed by 100 zeros. My question is, what would you do if you had one google dollars?

• 76 Replies
Revenge66
Revenge66
18 posts
Nomad

Id buy a huge house and call all the movie people and tell em there awesome and then send half to charity and end third world country hunger and starvation

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

One googol dollars... hmmm....

Well, as Patrick already noted, a googol is actually quite a bit.

If I had a googol in 1,000,000 dollar bills (even though there is no such thing...)

I would have 1x10^94 bills. (that's one followed by 94 zeros)

If these bills are the same size as a dollar bill (which has a volume of about 1,129.2198 cubic mm), then all of my money together would have a volume of:

1.1292198 x 10^88 cubic meters.

The universe, however has a volume of roughly 3.5 x 10^80 cubic meters (from wikipedia).

So, I suppose the first thing I would do would be to buy another universe to store my money in.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

I would buy christianity and change all the words in the bible so that people worship me

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

If I had one googol dollars, I would be dreaming too much. I would probably end up giving half of it to my parents.

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

I would give like 9/10 of it to charities across the world then use the rest to buy a nice house and share it with my family!

Doppleganger77
Doppleganger77
2 posts
Nomad

With a googol dollars you could basically become Lord of the Universe. We're talking about an amount of money that, if you were to use a single atom to represent each dollar, would require a universe that is at least 100 billion times larger than the one we know about. I don't think a lot of people here appreciate just how vast a number this is.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

With a googol dollars you could basically become Lord of the Universe. We're talking about an amount of money that, if you were to use a single atom to represent each dollar, would require a universe that is at least 100 billion times larger than the one we know about. I don't think a lot of people here appreciate just how vast a number this is.

You're thinking of googolplex and your exaggerating that a bit. It is bigger then the universe but not 100 billion times. Also, you wouldn't become lord of the universe because the money would be worthless anywhere but earth.
jakehcatcher
jakehcatcher
49 posts
Nomad

I would probably get whatever I want like a xbox 360 because I only have a wii and it sucks horses!

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

i would invest it towards colledge....
Jk, i would probably buy a mansion and still go to school and donate alot of money to charaity.
I dont know, i dont even know if there is even a googol dollers in the entire united states.....

Doppleganger77
Doppleganger77
2 posts
Nomad

@master565

Hehe I am not exaggerating. If anything I am understating it somewhat.

1) 100 billion = 10^11

2) A googol = 10^100

3) Estimated numbers of elementary particles in the observable universe = usually estimated between 10^80 and 10^89.

A googol (10^100) is therefore 100 billion times larger than 10^89.

Note elementary particles are the stuff that atoms are made of - they are vastly SMALLER. If we take just atoms it's closer to 10^80 than 10^89. So it's possible that you'd need a universe that is VASTLY bigger than 100 billion times the size of our known one if you use a single atom to count a single dollar.

A googolplex is 10^10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,

It is V A S T L Y bigger than a googol which is at least 100 billion times larger than the upper estimate for numbers of elementary particles in our known universe.

BTW, if you could somehow obtain a googol dollars then you would need to have God like powers in order to do that. I think Lord of the Universe isn't far of the mark.

megahmad
megahmad
1 posts
Nomad

The whole observable universe doesn't even have enough space to contain a physical amount of Googol dollars (even if every dollar was as tiny as a grain of salt) :P.
Well, back to the question, I would buy anything I see and I would still have enough money for 1+ trillion years to come even if I spend 1 billion$ every day.!

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Well first I would pay off the American deficit, like others, then I would buy all the clothes I want (Yes I'm a dude, just obsessed with dressing nice) so bassically any male clothing from Hollister, AE, Aeropastle, and a lot of suits and tux's. Then I would buy a house, the car of my dreams, and I would donate 1 Billion to charity

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Pay off the global deficit, rig the elections, donate 750 billion to charity, destroy the meat industry, and burn all the rest until I had 100 billion left to prevent hyper-inflation.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Please do not post to really old threads.

Showing 61-74 of 76