ForumsThe TavernSmartphones

32 6337
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

With the likes of HTC, Sony Ericsson and Samsung in the big smartphone super phone market I think these phones are getting ridiculous. Technology has advanced so rapidly recently, with 3D screens, 1 GHz processor, 4.3 inch screens etc.. But now the two smart phones that will be coming out later this year are BIG. The HTC titan, a windows phone with an overly sized 4.7 inch screen for easy document editing and a hyper fast 1.5GHz processor. This may seem ridiculous but Samsung have just released an android operated smartphone called the "Galaxy Note", this will be competing with the Titan, it has a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor made by Samsung. The screen is not pocket-sized any more it is more like tablet sized, with inches of super HD MOLED screen, this is the most advanced phone up to date. These 2 phones are going to be the future role models for other companies. In my opinion the mobile phone industry is getting ridiculous, what do you think?

• 32 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I prefer older phones. Ya' know, simple phones that text, call, can take pictures, and record stuff. My phone has Internet access, but I don't use it often since it's slow, everything is very small, and I can't do things I like on it. As for smartphones, I think they're only good if you want a mini computer. Otherwise I'd stick with a normal flip phone. I don't like touch screens because they're too sensitive and break easily.

ATC3
ATC3
76 posts
Nomad

GhostOfMatrix

You are right on so many levels, however a smartphone is a fun gadget to have.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

yeah I'm getting my first smartphone which is the Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro, I have the Sony Ericsson w995 right now which is a very good music phone

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I stick to the good "old" phones as well. It might be tempting to have one of the gadgets, but I don't have a lot of money, and I can access the internet properly through my laptop anyway.
And touch screens... yeah, no, not my thing. This is however something I should probably learn how to use to add that competence to my CV... It makes sense in context.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

yeah I'm getting my first smartphone which is the Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro

That exactly the model I got! But I think I would use a HTC better...

--

If you guys here really dislike smartphones, use a stone.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302492_239824872735488_100001239322143_753501_1000158861_n.jpg
ATC3
ATC3
76 posts
Nomad

I choose the rock

matt6233
matt6233
3 posts
Nomad

as long as they phone and text people im happy

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Iphone4 is great in my opinion. I'm actually posting on mine right now. iPad I don't like. Mac books r good. But the iphone is nice

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I think iphones are all right but I think having a slide-out full QUERTY keyboard is just awesome!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

QUERTY

QWERTY. And lots of phones have slide out QWERTY keyboards. My LG Ally does.

They should work on making the battery last longer between charges. It dies way to quickly.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I use 2 cans and a piece of rope.
I have a IPad 2 and a samsung star qwerty.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I use 2 cans and a piece of rope.

ugh lucky! how much was that? i here the reception is great
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Does anyone actually know anything about the iPad 3?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

A third one? I didn't even realise a second one was out. What did they improve with it? I bet it's something like making it thinner.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

I have an HTC desire (about as old as the Iphone4), and I'm quite happy with it. Although if I was given a choice of a free smartphone, I would definitively choose the Samsung galaxy S2, and not an Iphone.

Showing 16-30 of 32