ForumsNews and FeedbackNewcomer Videos

9 2993
bigdude701
bigdude701
4 posts
Peasant

We should make a video that it will show newcomers around the website hows that do you agree with me?

• 9 Replies
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

A video would have no meaning, since the newbies don't read any stickies or rules anyways, why would it matter?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

A video would have no meaning, since the newbies don't read any stickies or rules anyways, why would it matter?

Don't stereotype newbies. A video would be a good consolidation of the rules and stickies, especially for those who would read the rules and stickies anyway. Therefore, a video has plenty of meaning.
frisko12
frisko12
420 posts
Nomad

I think you should be able to amke video walkthrus.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

well frisko those videos are a differnte matter and should be talked about on topics more fitting to them, though i think it ended as a "no", but i could me wrong.

i think i would be better to put this on the top of the forums (not in a thread topic or section), or a more genral one for the whole site, but would people real put the time in to it though... you could make people veiw a web page (non-video) with stuff saying "MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND" on, but real you could paste a neon sign saying "FREE rules list" and nno one would read the rules!

but i don't think a video is going to make a differance realy (saddly).

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The idea of a video walkthrough was discussed about a year ago. Personally, I like the idea, but I'm not sure anyone at AG has the time to make it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Sounds like a good idea considering some people can get confused by the text, a video will actually show them how to do things. And if the people AG don't have the time, how about letting us normal users do it, Cormyn?

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

lol us? make a video? for AG newcomers? uhm... sounds like an awesome epic... fail... nice try though matrix (it sounds good though).

though i think it is a good idea what says that they will put the time in to a video if they don't in to text? just asking. last time we talked about this we got to the "you could make a neon sign that says 'FREE newbie video' and they would never know it exists." so i would help but i don't know if it will realy work...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

It's not difficult at all. Just get CamStudio and turn it on while browsing through AG, do certain things so newcomers know how. But first an administrator has to make a thread telling what to do so people know what to make.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

hmmm nice, well if cormyn is ok with it i will help you in any why but the recording of it( beta test it and such LOL :3 )! go MATRIX!

but takes for the camstudio info, sounds like a nice one, that could come in handy!

Showing 1-9 of 9