ForumsForum GamesCreate a Planet 2: The New Beginning

381 90009
Sporemaniac777
Sporemaniac777
1,373 posts
Nomad

Hello and welcome to my newest forum game! Yes, I am back. But first off, I will list some of the reasons why I left in the first place:
1. Real life. I didnt simply have eough time to do it, when I began DtP4 and CaP it was summer break. Then school came and I didnt have time to do it. And having two forum games was just stressing...
2. I got bored. I just overcomplicated it... I didnt have the nerves to do the 30 min. updating everyday. First off I enjoyed it, but then it just became a pain...
3. Ummm... I think thats about it...

So second, what I dont want to happen in this edition of CaP:
Overcomplicate it. Every country had its own sheet. It took forever to update them all... Thats why I wont be giving anyone complete control about a country, I will make up problems, and you will have to solve them.

And last, but not least, the new plans I have for this:
1. We wont stick to one planet for so long as we did last time. We will be hopping from planet to planet, just like we used to in DtP.
2. I want this to be a successor for both, DtP and CaP, do this will include elemetns from both (Terraforming, destruction, conquest...).
3. I do not want to include the Earth itself in this one. At least not early on.
4. From time to time I will make "joke planets". Like worlds from games or movies or so.
5. I might include Earth later on, in certain scenarios. For example I was always interested in alternate history scenarios...

Thats about it I guess. Any suggestions before the game itself starts?

• 381 Replies
Sporemaniac777
Sporemaniac777
1,373 posts
Nomad

The humans have escaped from their dieing planet! They are heading off to a new location, a new start... In the last moment, the space race turned into a collaboration effort. The humans are safe. For now...
A map of Earth when the humans left:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4710/cap2c.png

Anyway, lets head off to the next planet that needs help!
Welcome to the planet of Gerrnow! This planet needs help with the incoming ice age! The planet is expected to freeze completely and if life doesnt adapt, it will be destroyed. Earth was completely frozen once too. In the Ordovician period, but life survived that. Will the same happen here or will the moving ice caps engulf all life? Will they be stopped somehow? Or will life survive this crysis? For a challenge, there is a special rule. You cannot directly modify temperature.

Planet: Gerrnow
Animal Diversity: 45 mil.
Plant Diversity: 56 mil.
Goal: Preserve at least 0.1 mil. of each
Posts until finish: 10 (I will end this sooner of you stop the glaciers, or lose)
Special Rule: Temperature cannot be directly modified (These will sometimes be set, for a challenge)

Biome map:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9595/cap2no2.png

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

il send a bunch of ppl that escaped from asia and europe and sattle them in the right half of grasslands ... i will make some volcanos to explode so the weather will be warmer in some spots ...

Razerules
Razerules
4,049 posts
Nomad

BTW Can you Say some Animal types and If you can say what they have..
Like In the Desert are Snakes...Poison,Heat Resistance ETC So we can focus Either on the One that is the easiest to Keep alive or help the totally weak ones...

But for Now I add Extra Fur To the Animals that Have fur Already...

Warriorfrombeyond
Warriorfrombeyond
231 posts
Nomad

we only need to save 1.01 mil of life.yay.

I add CO2 to the the planets atomsphmere.it should create a greenhouse effect.

Random Fact: When we had more CO2 in the atmosphere dragonflys were upto a foot long.

Alpha791
Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

I'll add methane to the atmosphere since it's 10x more effective than Co2

Sporemaniac777
Sporemaniac777
1,373 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the delay, I was sick. An update coming right up

Sporemaniac777
Sporemaniac777
1,373 posts
Nomad

Animal Diversity: 42 mil.
Plant Diversity: 50 mil.
Goal: Preserve at least 0.1 mil. of each
Special Rule: Temperature cannot be directly modified

http://imageshack.us/f/545/cap2no2.png/

Nah, I wont add a time limit. We will keep on playin until it ends, one way or the other.

Many plant species died due to the planet getting drier. Animal life is less affected. All the water freezes and there is less and less as the polar caps will move on.

il send a bunch of ppl that escaped from asia and europe and sattle them in the right half of grasslands ... i will make some volcanos to explode so the weather will be warmer in some spots ...

No humans in this one. The ashes from the volcanoes prevent the heat to get to the planet. The planet is only warmer in the spots with the volcanoes, the ehole planet is getting colder...

BTW Can you Say some Animal types and If you can say what they have..
Like In the Desert are Snakes...Poison,Heat Resistance ETC So we can focus Either on the One that is the easiest to Keep alive or help the totally weak ones...

But for Now I add Extra Fur To the Animals that Have fur Already...

Nah, I wont overcomplicate it, it is obvious that the least resistant ones are gonna die first anyway. It is just the goalto keep as many species alive as possible. More fur makes the species more resistant to cold.

we only need to save 1.01 mil of life.yay.

I add CO2 to the the planets atomsphmere.it should create a greenhouse effect.

Random Fact: When we had more CO2 in the atmosphere dragonflys were upto a foot long.

More CO2 means more heat is catched. But no heat is getting catched at all, because of the disaster that a certain human made...

*0.01 mil. of species.
*They were so big because of the oxygen, not the CO2.

I'll add methane to the atmosphere since it's 10x more effective than Co2

The methane is added... Be careful with that stuff!
Razerules
Razerules
4,049 posts
Nomad

I try to stop the Planet at a certain time...
That time is when the Sun hits that Planet where the Polar Caps are...
Hopefully because of the Long Time On The Sun they will melt...
It will raise the sea level a lot but...
Something has to be done!

Alpha791
Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

Use the winds in the atmosphere to trap the ash over the poles of the planet.

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,762 posts
Nomad

Move the planet a tiny bit closer to the sun. Tiny. Tiny tiny tiny. Expand the core size by one half.

Warriorfrombeyond
Warriorfrombeyond
231 posts
Nomad

i thought we had to save .01 of each diversitry... whatever....

i add CO2 to the atmosphere(again)creating a greenhouse effect

Sporemaniac777
Sporemaniac777
1,373 posts
Nomad

Animal Diversity: 42 mil.
Plant Diversity: 48 mil.
Goal: Preserve at least 0,01 mil. of each
Special Rule: Temperature cannot be directly modified

Some plant species die because of the climate changes.

I try to stop the Planet at a certain time...
That time is when the Sun hits that Planet where the Polar Caps are...
Hopefully because of the Long Time On The Sun they will melt...
It will raise the sea level a lot but...
Something has to be done!

I will end the planet when you win, lose, or when it just goes on for too long. Worry about the game, not about when it ends!

Use the winds in the atmosphere to trap the ash over the poles of the planet.

The ashes set... The planet is staying as it is right now, because of the recently added greenhouse gases.

Move the planet a tiny bit closer to the sun. Tiny. Tiny tiny tiny. Expand the core size by one half.

Sorry, but doing stuff to the star is simply a too direct factor... You make the core bigger, which means more geological activity. We will see what it will cause...

i thought we had to save .01 of each diversitry... whatever....

i add CO2 to the atmosphere(again)creating a greenhouse effect

Yeah, 0,01 mil. of both, plant and animal species. You hold off the polar caps. For now.

No map needed, no changes to the map anyway.
sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

more CO2 for the win, lulz, and lose, whatever it causes...

also, expand the core by another half.

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,762 posts
Nomad

Create mega huge fissures around the icecaps, sinking them into the core! MWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA...ahaha....ha..... ha..

Ha

Ha.

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

i will push the sun closer to the planet so it gets warmer and il try to make lots of co2 in the air ... and oh methan gass

Showing 46-60 of 381