ForumsNews and FeedbackComment System

8 2959
TheNameWithNoNumbers
TheNameWithNoNumbers
163 posts
Nomad

I love the new site. Great job. But... where is the comment system? If the question is already answered, will we have any new rules? Any new regulations or voting systems?
If I have a suggestion...
You can vote comments up or down. Like youtube. 3 Thumbs down, the comment is collapsed (But still openable) 5 Thumbs down, the comment is deleted. I would like this system due to the HUGE amount of unconstructive, inane, and relatively useless comments.

• 8 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

AG3 Beta does not allow access to profiles yet. However, it might be appropriate to discuss this idea in the reputation thread.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

First i'd like to say, they already have their comment and reputation system worked out. Second, using your logic, someone can get 1000 thumbs ups, but then 5 trolls come and rate it down, and the beauty of a comment is deleted.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Second, using your logic, someone can get 1000 thumbs ups, but then 5 trolls come and rate it down, and the beauty of a comment is deleted.

Maybe if the difference of thumbs up and thumbs down is less than 5 it gets deleted. 1000 likes, and 5 dislikes= 995 points.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

The suggestion is great but should we allow the users to decide what comment gets deleted? if someone refreshes their page and keeps downing the comment it will get deleted. Unless there is a way to ensure that once you like/dislike a comment you can never do it again.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

That's not usually how 'likes' and 'dislikes' work... Usually they are cookies or data, so if you can't keep disliking a comment after disliking the first time, you can't refresh it to get rid of that problem. So yeah, there is sort of a way to ensure that you can't like or dislike a comment more than once.

But wouldn't you just be able to clear your cookies and then keep disliking the comment?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Not unless the data is stored on your AG profile.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

well this was already sugested and talked about, it *will* be but in and will afect REP, also there was an idea for that made it so your votes effect things by you REP amount you had so Mr. trollzy would effect you little, and may over ideas i think AG has this idea covered in user feedback of ideas it just needs to be made...

Showing 1-7 of 8