ForumsGamesWarlight

7 4888
Layercoolman
Layercoolman
66 posts
Nomad

I thought this was one of the most fun strategy games ever. (probably cause its like risk) What did everyone think about it.

• 7 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I think WarLight is too complicated. Vortex Wars is also like Risk, but it is simpler.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Its a rly good "Risk-inspired" Game.

Layercoolman
Layercoolman
66 posts
Nomad

[quoteI think WarLight is too complicated. Vortex Wars is also like Risk, but it is simpler.]
Oh come on it's not that complicated... you place soldiers, then you attack and regroup everywhere then you end turn. And voila a nicely executed turn.

Layercoolman
Layercoolman
66 posts
Nomad

Ok i figured out hhow to quote this is better...

I think WarLight is too complicated. Vortex Wars is also like Risk, but it is simpler.
Oh come on it's not that complicated... you place soldiers, then you attack and regroup everywhere then you end turn. And voila a nicely executed turn.
AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

Problem with Warlight is the 3rd level. It's too difficult unless you start in the absolute best location on the map 'and' get lucky against the AI. It's pretty disheartening to be destroyed like that again and again despite an otherwise perfect expansion.

I agree with Patrick, Vortex Wars is a superior game and in the recent trend of 'war games' it's the best one.

hirou
hirou
1 posts
Nomad

I need to replay 3rd level a couple more times, but so far I've beaten it in 30 and 23 turns with no problems. Initial placement do play a major part, I agree, Greenland, Australia and especially South America makes good fortresses with few way in.

Also, beaten first and second levels in 7 and 16 turns, who less? Haven't started challenges yet

Avyay45
Avyay45
1 posts
Peasant

I've finished the 1st level in 6 turns.

Showing 1-7 of 7