ForumsWEPRA New Perspective

71 13104
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Have any of you ever look at something think hard enough and it changes? I sometimes look at sandals for instance and think of it as just a platform for your feet to walk on with a strap, and it changes how it looks, If sometimes I look at someones face long enough and examine all details, the face looks different. It's not just limited to looks, if i think of certain ideas or thoughts they change as I take two steps to the left and five steps backwards (metaphorically). It's like that for a lot of things that would take a really long time to talk about. Is it just me who looks at the world differently sometimes? And just in case your wondering, I don't do drugs so that's not the answer.

• 71 Replies
dgw91
dgw91
35 posts
Nomad

I know what your saying I do that all the time when I'm getting ready to go to sleep is when I find it easiest. The things I do this most about are thoughts such as infinity or a forth deminsion. It gets really weird on how close I can actually get to envisioning these things, but it always seems just as I'm about to get it it will slip away and I can't pick up from the same spot again.

and no I don't do drugs eighter.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Alright, now that i think about it, i have one reoccuring really trippy thought like this. I start getting really deep about why i am me, and why i am not someone else, and if i can only have my thoughts, than how sure am i that anyone else is really thinking...i dont know hard to explain but i have to stop thinking about it cuz i wear myself out i get into so many loops with it.

[drug free w00t w00t]

ROCKONTYLER
ROCKONTYLER
153 posts
Nomad

Are u guys sure ur drug free.....

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

^^Maybe we just like to think about things!

I do the same thing. Why did God create us, and why am I me?
Also, when I am in bed, I'll just stare at one part of my room, and it will all get darker, even if there is still a light in the hall.

dgw91
dgw91
35 posts
Nomad

absolutly positive I know it's really odd, but I get these kind of thoughts on a weekly if not daily basis.

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

Lol xcoheedx, that's exactly what happens to me at night, I'll stare at one spot and it will get darker and darker, until I look somewhere else, its realy wierd.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

@rockontyler
Dude i'm pretty sure, i might be taking my bro's a.d.d. (since i'm not a.d.d. that would be quite catastrophic) pills instead of advil quite often...{jk}

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

See thats what I'm talking about guys, things really aren't what they seem when you think about it. I think sometimes about crazy stuff that I sometimes seem to prove/ almost prove in my head yet I can't say it in words. I think we are looking at the world with our heads right up to the glass, but once we take a few steps back, we see the whole picture, but the problem is taking those steps away.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

@skullzero1

Lol, u can get into some weird discussions from here...like, is this truly reality? do you really exist? is this all a fantasy dreamworld [ie. matrix]? don't remember who said it but the only thing that is truly real is that..."i think, therefore i am"...gotta love thinkin abstract.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

This could be just a dream, but if it was, I wouldn't be able to say, "This is a dream, wake up!"
Also, when a tragedy happens, I always think of the worst scenario. "What if I was the father of that dead child?" "What if I lost my leg?" Anything could just happen like that, and thoughts run wild.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

This happens to me when I have a bottle of Smirnoff in my tummy :P

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

see if this is a dream, do I really want to wake up? am i having a good dream or a nightmare? say for instance you were some great form of life that sleeps for about the 'human' life span and our dream worlds are connected, and once we 'die' we wake up and stay awake for about 1000 years then go back to 'sleep'. Some deep stuff when you think about it

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

Dude, I think of stuff like that all the time, it's crazy. Like I'll just think I'm the thought or dream of another being/human and someday I'll wake up and be in my old life. Or maybe I'm just the dream of some being in a deep sleep and this world makes sense only because I imagined it and when whatever is dreaming wakes up it would be a whole new world. Crazy.

And, can't say I'm drug free. :P

dgw91
dgw91
35 posts
Nomad

Another one I have alot is what if I wasn't me like if I was a dog or something how would I think and what would go on inside my head. It's weird cause when you start thinking about it and you almost have it then you realize you did it all in english and since animals don't speak english (or anyother human language) what does their thoughts "sound" like.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I love when young mind find Existentialism for the first time... makes me, as a philosopher, happy.

Showing 1-15 of 71