Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

can anyone help me?!?!

Posted Oct 16, '11 at 10:25pm

Dannydaninja

Dannydaninja

876 posts

If you want to make flash games for free, use Flashdevelop.

Posted Oct 16, '11 at 11:22pm

danielisscool

danielisscool

4 posts

danny ill try it

Posted Oct 16, '11 at 11:46pm

Dannydaninja

Dannydaninja

876 posts

Basically, if you want to make flash games and get your game on Armor Games, Kongregate and Newgrounds and other flash portals like that, you have three options.

Adobe Flash - The best option but is kind of exspensive

Flash Develop - Free, but is entirely code based, difficult to learn but very powerful.

Stencyl - Free, no code programming required at all. Easy to learn but a weak engine to make flash games. There is only so much you can do with Stencyl.

Posted Oct 17, '11 at 2:11am

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

Fudge, Firefox Aurora decided it would be pretty hilarious to crash after I typed out 300 words.

Summary; there are only one option.

Stencyl - Free, no code programming required at all. Easy to learn but a weak engine to make flash games. There is only so much you can do with Stencyl.

Due to it's limitation you creating an amazing game that AG would take or would get a decent score on kongregate is incredibly low. Unless you are a game design genius. Sadly normal distributions are a blankity blank to be on the high end of.

Adobe Flash - The best option but is kind of expensive

Agreed way too expensive unless you are a student of a institution that can get a student price for it.

Flash Develop - Free, but is entirely code based, difficult to learn but very powerful.

I've only seen proficient programmer successfully make games with it. That's like making Mario python game without outside libraries in difficulty.

Your better of just learning Python or Java and after you get decent at those either switch languages or make a game in those.

Posted Oct 17, '11 at 4:41am

Dannydaninja

Dannydaninja

876 posts

Darkroot, that's why you don't use web browsers that are still in they're beta build :P

Actually, I had no idea what Firefox Aurora was, so I'm going to download it now and give it a go.

Reply to can anyone help me?!?!

You must be logged in to post a reply!