ForumsSupport ForumComment Typing Problem

15 3703
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I am pretty sure this hasn't been done before, but here is the problem. When I write a comment on a game, what I type sometimes doesn't appear. Usually it is about one in every four or five letters won't come up, but some aren't as bad.

I have also noticed this only happens on games that are made by makers that aren't as experienced at games, or makers that only have one or two games. I type perfectly on John's games, but maybe this is just a coincedence? I would definately appreciate help from a developer, but anyone can post!

• 15 Replies
KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

Sometimes when I type it will "lag" and not display what I type till a few seconds later, or sometimes it doesn't show up at all.

This happens sometimes when I post in the forums and I'm multitasking.

Would be nice if we could edit our posts to correct these errors ourselves.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

I see this, but on almost any type of game, and I have no idea what to do about it.

Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

Coheed?I am have experienced this before it has happened to me on the game Temple Guardian it showed annoyed up wrong twice and a many other words I had to change it again then,in another comment.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm.... and it works well when you type into other games comments? I doubt it has anything to do with what developer it is. But this is a very odd thing to happen indeed...

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

It has always been this way. Sometimes the flashy line that shows where you are typing will be unconstant with it's flashes. So when that happens, I know it is one of those games. It also kind of makes me mad when I don't look what I type, and when I'm done, about half of my huge comment is mispelled.

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

hey! that happens to me sometimes.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

The 'flashy line' is called a cursor.

This has never happened to me, and I have rated/commented on games recently. The only time anything like this has happened to me is when I am using my laptop and my thumb bumps the mouse screen at the bottom of the keyboard. Could this be anyone's issues?

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

^^ Haha thanks! I knew what the word was, I just couldn't think of it! :P
Well, I don't use a laptop, so that isn't it. Maybe it is because of how complex the game is.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

well it has never happened to me and i have a laptop but on my PC it has happened mabey it is the PC cause it is not as complex as a laptop so that might be what is happening to you. But is your PC a new one or is it kinda old cause if it is old that may be the problem

Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

Coheed I have IE do you have IE or Firefox?Maybe it only happens on IE for some reason.

G_P2

bestgamer123
bestgamer123
215 posts
Nomad

yes i get that but on users profiles

Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

Well on users profile its a 30 seconds limit until you post another comment you will be able to posts it but it will jsut come up as the one that is on top.

G_P2

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

I think it's just because your cursor gets unfocused. What I do is click the orange bar fir game ratings. That usually lets me type.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Really?

That is very odd. I have had problem sot. Sometimes after a time a comment (and it sucks when it is a long one which they often are) my comment does not show up at all. INSTEEEEEEAD the person below me's comment shows up. Then it goes away and neither of are comments are there.

Am I the only one who has the problem? :0

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well someone either commented the same time as you. Or if yours shows up below the other one, it is credited to the time zones. They aren't 100% correct, so there comment in reality would be after yours, but their timezone on the site might be wrong.

Showing 1-15 of 15