Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Botsi - My first really flash game XD

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 3:37pm

Carlytoon

Carlytoon

329 posts

Hi
I just worked 1 month and 3 weeks to develop my first master creation, its botsi, a game about a robot that need to be tested to know his true potencial.

Here is the link to play it:
http://miprogramacionenas3.blogspot.com/2011/10/botsi.html

Move with arrows keys and jump with Z.
Comment and enjoy!!!

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 5:07pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

It's good some spelling mistakes and somewhat weird difficulty curve are the major annoyances.

What engine are you running this game on?

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 8:12pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,244 posts

Botsi is a really cute bot! The movement is really fluid and doesn't seem to have any restrictions holding you back. Some of the checkpoints are of a lighter color than the other, is there a reason for this? It would also be really cool for you to add sound effects for the grinding and when Botsi shatters.

Going off what Darkroot said, one of the biggest I found was "Now is time for peaks mill testing, and get ready for the following tests because they dont are easy anymore."

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 8:46pm

Carlytoon

Carlytoon

329 posts

thanks for the reviews, but is botsi a game that you enjoy?

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 8:49pm

Carlytoon

Carlytoon

329 posts

What engine are you running this game on?

I didnt use any engine, I made all the engine and code by myself XD

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 9:57pm

Carlytoon

Carlytoon

329 posts

Some of the checkpoints are of a lighter color than the other, is there a reason for this?

Is because the checkpoints have a smooth transparency and it mixes with the background :D

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 10:05pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

I didnt use any engine, I made all the engine and code by myself XD

That's kind weird since you don't build up to engine programming difficulty in your website. Most of the stuff is simple programming but suddenly you have this complex engine driven game out of no where.

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 10:16pm

Carlytoon

Carlytoon

329 posts

That's kind weird since you don't build up to engine programming difficulty in your website. Most of the stuff is simple programming but suddenly you have this complex engine driven game out of no where.

@Darkroot, did you see my last post before botsi? It was 2 months ago, after that post I was spending a lot time making the engine, learning new stuff and that. So maybe botsi is more complex that my second last post, but I hope you believe, but that depends of you :D

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 10:40pm

acmed

acmed

3,561 posts

I love the robotic theme of this game. The music really compares with the gameplay. Although the controls are bit off with the moving of the robot. Other than that, awesome Carlytoon.

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 11:03pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

@Darkroot, did you see my last post before botsi?

Yes I saw and that was still a relatively simple program.

It was 2 months ago, after that post I was spending a lot time making the engine, learning new stuff and that. So maybe botsi is more complex that my second last post,

2 months from you last post to this game is quite a large gap between the knowledge needed for this game. You most likely did learn new thing but not to the degree of making that from scratch.

but I hope you believe, but that depends of you :D

It's hard to believe when you look at your past work. But I'll leave it at that before freakenstein freaks again. The level design is very good anyway.

Reply to Botsi - My first really flash game XD

You must be logged in to post a reply!