ForumsProgramming ForumBotsi - My first really flash game XD

48 22139
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Hi
I just worked 1 month and 3 weeks to develop my first master creation, its botsi, a game about a robot that need to be tested to know his true potencial.

Here is the link to play it:
http://miprogramacionenas3.blogspot.com/2011/10/botsi.html

Move with arrows keys and jump with Z.
Comment and enjoy!!!

• 48 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

It's good some spelling mistakes and somewhat weird difficulty curve are the major annoyances.

What engine are you running this game on?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Botsi is a really cute bot! The movement is really fluid and doesn't seem to have any restrictions holding you back. Some of the checkpoints are of a lighter color than the other, is there a reason for this? It would also be really cool for you to add sound effects for the grinding and when Botsi shatters.

Going off what Darkroot said, one of the biggest I found was "Now is time for peaks mill testing, and get ready for the following tests because they dont are easy anymore."

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

thanks for the reviews, but is botsi a game that you enjoy?

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

What engine are you running this game on?

I didnt use any engine, I made all the engine and code by myself XD
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Some of the checkpoints are of a lighter color than the other, is there a reason for this?

Is because the checkpoints have a smooth transparency and it mixes with the background
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I didnt use any engine, I made all the engine and code by myself XD

That's kind weird since you don't build up to engine programming difficulty in your website. Most of the stuff is simple programming but suddenly you have this complex engine driven game out of no where.
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

That's kind weird since you don't build up to engine programming difficulty in your website. Most of the stuff is simple programming but suddenly you have this complex engine driven game out of no where.

@Darkroot, did you see my last post before botsi? It was 2 months ago, after that post I was spending a lot time making the engine, learning new stuff and that. So maybe botsi is more complex that my second last post, but I hope you believe, but that depends of you
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

I love the robotic theme of this game. The music really compares with the gameplay. Although the controls are bit off with the moving of the robot. Other than that, awesome Carlytoon.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

@Darkroot, did you see my last post before botsi?

Yes I saw and that was still a relatively simple program.

It was 2 months ago, after that post I was spending a lot time making the engine, learning new stuff and that. So maybe botsi is more complex that my second last post,

2 months from you last post to this game is quite a large gap between the knowledge needed for this game. You most likely did learn new thing but not to the degree of making that from scratch.

but I hope you believe, but that depends of you

It's hard to believe when you look at your past work. But I'll leave it at that before freakenstein freaks again. The level design is very good anyway.
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

I love the robotic theme of this game. The music really compares with the gameplay. Although the controls are bit off with the moving of the robot. Other than that, awesome Carlytoon.

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed all the game XD
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

YAEH! way to go toony! it is wonderful! just wonderful! i see you used the "arrow keys but no space bar" system, smart! good job with the collision! did you figure out how to get "my" algorithm to work with out flashpunk?

@darkroot

>:| watch it, please.

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the comment Kyahco

did you figure out how to get "my" algorithm to work with out flashpunk?

Actually I didnt used any game library, all the engine and code was by myself, the only thing thats not mine is the mochi API.

Actually, this are the mayor flash portals that is submited:

Newgrounds
Mochimedia

If anyone is logged in newgrounds, review the game if you want.
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

This game is awesome, as soon as I'm about to complain about lack of difficulty the obstacle levels come on. And as soon as I'm about to complain about excessive difficulty the checkpoints appear.

Great game! If it was on AG I would definitely rate it 9 or 10.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

It's well made, I'll give you that. Originality? Not so much. It's a highly generic platform. Though I'm also with everyone else, your huge jump in skill is highly suspicious.

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Okay, you dont believe me. Any piece piece of the code is by myself.

Common have the guts to ask whatever you want! I just gonna give you the answer without problems.

Want proof? Ask me what do you want to know.

Showing 1-15 of 48