ForumsWEPRNegative Christian Stereotypes

100 36196
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

What are some negative Christian stereotypes that first come to mind?
Please refrain from flaming and spamming, as always.

• 100 Replies
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I love these stereotypes, especially when the stereotype is true. It is quite satisfying.

-Homophobic, or basically Not-Straight-And-Normal-phobic
-Blindly religious.
-Overzealous faith
-Racism
-Pedophilia
-Ignorance, and 'I just need Jesus'
-Disgust for rap, rock n' roll, etc
-SEX IS BAD, EVIL , AND MALICIOUS

Has anybody heard of 'Jesus Take the Wheel Day'? On March 31st, 2013, a bunch of people are going to "remove their hands from the steering wheels of their cars for a total of 5 minutes. They will not be at a red light, or a stop sign, they will be on the highways. This is TRUE FAITH."

Lolololololololol. Why would Jesus lend you a hand when you're being a complete idiot?

Whew. That gets me laughing every time.

....plus I'm staying home that day.

@Flareon

.....yes. Give in to your anger. Only then can the true power of the force flow through your veins. Together, we can rule the Armor Games forums.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Has anybody heard of 'Jesus Take the Wheel Day'? On March 31st, 2013, a bunch of people are going to "remove their hands from the steering wheels of their cars for a total of 5 minutes. They will not be at a red light, or a stop sign, they will be on the highways. This is TRUE FAITH."

I'll have to remember to stay off the road that day.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I'll have to remember to stay off the road that day.

Maybe they could submit the collective casualties as the ultimate Darwin Award?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

It looks like there are going to be comparatively few of them, a few thousand. That means that there will probably be few in my state, so I will be safe.

Should we say our "I told you so" now, so it will be less depressing?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Airbags should be considered cheating. Brakes too. Disable 'em.

Maybe they could submit the collective casualties as the ultimate Darwin Award?

I second the motion.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It looks like there are going to be comparatively few of them, a few thousand. That means that there will probably be few in my state, so I will be safe.

I can see the Christian blog headlines now.

"Out of the thousands of people who participated in 'Jesus Take the Wheel Day' a single child from a family of 5 survived the car accidents proving that God is real and works miracles."
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I was thinking of starting a thread on it...but there's nobody to support it, so we could only bash it for so long.

....c'mon guys, Jesus will definitely take the wheel... >.>

Dawh, you guys make me laugh.

Atheism + cynical theism for the win.

Airbags should be considered cheating. Brakes too. Disable 'em.

Probably in the sacred fine print. Along with 'floor it', and 'take off your seatbelt'.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

looking at most christian sterotypes, i have decided they are all wrong.

-Homophobic, or basically Not-Straight-And-Normal-phobic
-Blindly religious.
-Overzealous faith
-Racism
-Pedophilia
-Ignorance, and 'I just need Jesus'
-Disgust for rap, rock n' roll, etc
-SEX IS BAD, EVIL , AND MALICIOUS

1. not really
2. only in chick publications
3. see above
4. completely false
5. only a few preists
6. radical protestents
7. since when
8. it is for reproduction

also on evolution, you can not logically say that it all happened by blind chance, where did everything come from? i am not saying it didn't happen, i think God could of driven it, BUT, it was not random.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

sorry for double comment, but i forgot to add that i am catholic and proud of it

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

i think God could of driven it

But wouldn't that go against the creation story of Adam and Eve? Without taking that story literally, there was no original sin for Jesus to absolve, and that means he died for no reason at all.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

also on evolution, you can not logically say that it all happened by blind chance, where did everything come from? i am not saying it didn't happen, i think God could of driven it, BUT, it was not random.

people keep forgeting that its not as big a coincidence as they think (if thats real).

if something totally different would happen this planet could be a lava world and the people on it would be made of some kind of gass. for us it is a horibble disgusting world where we cant live but for those people it would be &quoterfect" "holy" "not random" "godly" like what people give as prooves as to why this world was made by a god. its OUR reality and thats why its perfect for US.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

but i forgot to add that i am catholic and proud of it

also i cant see why this is important... :/
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

But wouldn't that go against the creation story of Adam and Eve?

the bible says God made the universe in six days, nowhere does it say God made it in 144 hours.

also i cant see why this is important... :/

because most anti-christian stereotypes are primarily anti-catholic.
also, u may say evolution isn't that much of coincidence, but where did the matter and energy come from.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

the bible says God made the universe in six days, nowhere does it say God made it in 144 hours.

...Do you know what a day is?

because most anti-christian stereotypes are primarily anti-catholic.

Because Catholics are Christian? Other wise, it sounds like you are just paranoid....

also, u may say evolution isn't that much of coincidence, but where did the matter and energy come from.

Do you know what we are going to say?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I don't mean timewise. The creation story of how Adam and Eve sinned and therefore sin was born into everyone else is the main reason why Jesus was sent to die on earth, to absolve the original sin. Without that story taken as literal truth, Christianity falls apart.
Showing 61-75 of 100