ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAlexis' Assorted Writings

91 43450
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

I had a thread a long time ago, but it pretty much died since I wasnt contributing to it at all for a while. So I am going to try to stick with this one, updating it regularly.

I think I will start this new thread with a poem I wrote last week.

A blank façade
Covers a complex painting
Vast and solid
Internally filled with riddles
I cannot find purchase
On its silky smooth surface
But when I manage a handhold
I will be face to face with her soul

• 91 Replies
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

I'm sorry I guess I didn't make myself very clear. My poem that I entered in the contest was on the 1st page of this thread. Its page 119 in the book. The grand prize winner isn't even on the 1st page, its in alphabetical order by last name of the person who submitted the entry.
5-7-5-7-5-7-5 is not a traditional haiku. Actually, I don't know what that would be considered. You could make a few haiku with each haiku a stanza of its own.
A haiku is 5-7-5. No exceptions.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

so haikus have only 5-7-5 or can it be 5-7-5-7-5-7-5?

There are similar forms of poetry, but haiku is 5-7-5. The one you described seems close to Choka.
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

i blah blah blah

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

i blah blah blah

Wow! Such a profound statement. So simple, yet so insightful. Keep up the good work.
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

i blah blah blah

I do NOT claim this. My brother thought it would be funny to post that while on my profile.

A single glimpse of heaven,
Seen shining through a veil,
A single glimpse of what we missed;
We doomed ourselves to hell.

A single tear rests upon his lips,
His companion gone, his heart wounded
Not from the crash but from his pain,
Internal, eternal.
A section severed that cannot be replaced.
To kiss those lips, dewy from tears
To erase his pain and help him look to tomorrow,
A wish true of heart, not to be fulfilled.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

I do NOT claim this. My brother thought it would be funny to post that while on my profile.

is he a hacker? or did you leave your pc unsecured while you was online on ag?

there are programs that can protect this. if you leave your pc and the screen saver is on nobody can use your pc because they need a password.

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

my lil bro does stuff like that too...gets annoying
and i love that last poem you wrote, and all your other writings for that matter youre brilliant! keep it up

Gold_Lightning
Gold_Lightning
6 posts
Nomad

Your really good you know!
You draw too?
If yes, could you post some on AG? I really would like to see them

Gold

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

My brother thought it would be funny to post that while on my profile.

My mom did that once.

there are programs that can protect this.

or you can log out when you leave...
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

b]Prologue [/b]

"Assimilate. There is no identity for the weak. I am your strength, your mind, and the thoughts you think belong to me. Every step you take is in the direction I steer you towards, and every breath you breathe is evidence of my mercy. You deserve nothing, yet I give it all to you."
The hastily assembled army stood in silence as Argutus Rex's amplified voice faded. He looked out among the faces of his emaciated people, his cold grey eyes passing over me as though I was but an inconsequential speck on this world in which he ruled. The young and the old swayed in unison around me, eyes wide and mouths gaping. Controlling people was effortless for him. They were more than willing to be led, weaklings with less power over themselves than a simple animal. They could be taught tricks: to fetch, to sit, to kill, as it suited him. With the sound of his voice and the pressure of his mind he has sent hundreds to war. The only trouble he ever had came from the few pests among these people who would begin to think for themselves. His gaze would linger upon these people. and he would make a note to himself. They would be 'handled' before the end of the night.
"I understand you are hungry, and I can see your fatigue in every movement you make; but this is no excuse," he said, voice rising, "for you to disobey me! You know who I am. I am your leader!"
Each word he laced with his will, and the assembled crowd had bowed in deference. The strongest of these minds fought his power, but I could feel them succumb as he finished.
"You are one. My children, you shall wish for my happiness. You will not question my authority, and you will not disrespect me, lest death be your goal!"
The cool evening air thrummed with the power his voice evoked, and I watched him from my supplicating position as the setting sun sent a bloody cast over the land. I saw his composure begin to crumble. Already he was being afflicted by one of the piercing headaches that so frequently accompanied these speeches he made. It isn't easy to spread the power of one mind, albeit superior, over such a large expanse, and it made him weak.
I am of his kind. I am the only other Intendem like him, and as my gaunt campmates and I stood, I knew it was time to end his tyrannical rule. Reaching out with my mind, I encircled his and constricted. There was a great mental struggle, his mind and mine clashing, barbed wire against the untainted expanse of my consciousness. His eyes were clouded as I watched him fall. I could no longer feel his mental presence, and the camp was in pandemonium.
This is it.
I walked with legs made of lead to where he was laying upon his makeshift stage, senseless. No longer would he oppress us, no longer would he send us to risk our lives for his gratification. These were my thoughts when everything went black.

Chapter One

From the depths of the shadows I had hidden myself in, I listened. I could hear my own heart thundering as if it wanted me to be found, and with each passing second I became more amazed that I hadn't been. I strained not to move, to take breaths that only whispered through my lungs. The conversation taking place before me was one that was not meant to be overheard by anyone, let alone a simple citizen like myself.
"...nothing to be done. The Rectors don't even acknowledge that its happening, and the civilians are oblivious. It's best to keep this quiet, lest the Province fall into a state of panic."
"There are rumors that this rogue leader has declared himself the Rex of the land he has seized. It is Council property, and those are our people he has sent to war! I do not see how they can let him just take what he pleases!"
This second man's mind was so overcome by his feelings that they crashed through my mental barricade. Anger, confusion, and a twinge of sadness flooded my consciousness; I tasted the red of his fury, enveloped with his roiling uncertainty and riddled with streaks of blue. It was enough to break my concentration, if only for a moment.
"...using mind control. Is that even possible?"
Their voices dropped to low whispers as I stiffened in my corner. Mind control? Surely I misheard them.
"Who knows what is possible anymore? We have lost over twenty men and women within a single moon cycle; loyal citizens, just disappearing without a trace."
"They've been found."
One of the town guards was walking past me, too close for comfort. I nudged his mind away with my own.
"There was another skirmish outside the border, and many people were killed. Most of them were adults who had been declared missing from the royal provinces."
"They were with Argutus?" asked the second man. His question was followed with a heavy silence.
"Argutus himself was not present, but yes, it was he whom they were fighting for. It is believed that he has influence over them."
The sinking feeling that had settled in my stomach became even stronger. This brute, Argutus, was taking people from their homes and sending them to die on the battlefield. He declared himself king of land he stole from the Council.
He could possibly control minds.
I'm supposed to be the only one.
I crept away with a heavy heart, wishing to hear no more.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

great story. it needs a title, but thats just my opinion. please continue it in the future! by the way, i have begun to post my own poems, its called: thoughts of a freak.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

It has a title. Its called 'Not Without Will'. Its a continuation of the story I posted on page 5 (I think that's the page).

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Dandelions surround me, a lifetime of wishes
Delicate, fragile biographies, the empitome of life
Each fluffy seed an achievement to be gently pulled away
The winds of time stripping the stalk bare,
And sending the wisps floating through the air
To land and grow elsewhere.

The things that bring us joy never seem to last.

Salcin
Salcin
26 posts
Peasant

Your poems are awesome Alexis. Write some more.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

The deadly dance of immortal foes
Clashing, crashing, sowing destruction
Tilling the barren earth with stolen bones,
Planting seeds of despair with each sloughed off scale.

No hope for the innocent
No relief for the broken
All humans in turmoil.

They reap their crops with the Scythe of Death
And consume all in their fiery passion.
---------------------------------------------------------

Hey, everybody! Check out Peace and War, a collaboration by Maverick4 and myself.
Its going to be awesome.

Showing 61-75 of 91