Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

AG3 changes

Posted Oct 20, '11 at 4:59pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,669 posts

C++ has shown up a large number of times even with it's harder difficulty.

I would like to have a C++ sticky here, I was actualy just going to use the programming topic for posting stuff though, but since that will be gone after AG3 having seprerate topics for programming launguage will definatley organize things.

Posted Oct 20, '11 at 5:15pm

snowguy13

snowguy13

2,172 posts

I was thinking of intro to some intro OOP concepts.

So maybe just how to create a class that constructs objects, and how to code methods to act upon that object?

Posted Oct 20, '11 at 5:24pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

So maybe just how to create a class that constructs objects, and how to code methods to act upon that object?

Probably a bit more than that. But like I said I would do that with AS3 than Java since I don't like doing the same thing twice.

I would like to have a C++ sticky here, I was actualy just going to use the programming topic for posting stuff though, but since that will be gone after AG3 having seprerate topics for programming launguage will definatley organize things.

Yeah probably limiting it to two languages would be the best.

Posted Oct 20, '11 at 9:48pm

snowguy13

snowguy13

2,172 posts

Probably a bit more than that. But like I said I would do that with AS3 than Java since I don't like doing the same thing twice.

Okay. I'm sure I don't know as much about the languages as you, but I'm still keeping my offer open, if you want me to help with anything. Good luck writing your tutorials!

Posted Oct 20, '11 at 11:36pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

Yeah, sounds good I might do some transitional concepts for Java and at the very least I'll let you double check the information or add concepts that you find necessary or interesting.

Problem is AS3 is going to be a bigger haul since it's based on application. Going to have to think of what concepts to cover.

Posted Oct 21, '11 at 2:41am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

262 posts

I'm going to start coming up with a list of useful links and resources. I'll also group them into sections and stuff. The current sticky for links isn't that good really.

Posted Oct 21, '11 at 7:42am

WhiskeyedJack

WhiskeyedJack

85 posts

I would not mind a section on programming theory in general. The kind of stuff you find in a "Intro to CS" class, not one specific to any language. Once you start mapping out concepts like logic flow and OOP it is actually pretty easy to translate them to any language.

Posted Oct 21, '11 at 1:11pm

PixelSmash

PixelSmash

579 posts

It would be nice if we had a rogramming' mod, one who could keep the stickies updated with new stuff so you don't have to look through the potentially huge amount of pages of each sticky.

Posted Oct 21, '11 at 1:46pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

The kind of stuff you find in a "Intro to CS" class, not one specific to any language. Once you start mapping out concepts like logic flow and OOP it is actually pretty easy to translate them to any language.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing do a beginners python walk through and then take C++ for the intermediate stuff. Thing is each language handle different stuff in a different fashion so those will also need to be specified.

I'm going to start coming up with a list of useful links and resources.

Yeah that sounds good.

It would be nice if we had a rogramming' mod, one who could keep the stickies updated with new stuff so you don't have to look through the potentially huge amount of pages of each sticky.

Yeah it's quite sad how under modded this area of the forums is compared to other areas especially the art and writing area.

Posted Oct 21, '11 at 3:10pm

PixelSmash

PixelSmash

579 posts

Yeah it's quite sad how under modded this area of the forums is compared to other areas especially the art and writing area.

Well a part of the problem could already be solved by allowing users to edit their own posts, as opposed to having a mod doing that. But yeah... mod presence in this section is virtually non-existent, which is a sad thing.

Reply to AG3 changes

You must be logged in to post a reply!