ForumsGamesWhat are the best upgrades for phage wars live when your a low level?

9 9587
strangeperson
strangeperson
68 posts
Nomad

I'm a level 13 and I don't know where the best areas* to spend my upgrade points are. Could someone helpful help me?

In case you have not heard of phage wars live, here is the link.

*like strength, injection etc.

• 9 Replies
NoobForever
NoobForever
2 posts
Nomad

ok
NoobForever
NoobForever
2 posts
Nomad

You should my your very own strategy. You can't choose to much as I know...

And pick the best upgrades for that strategy.

The main problem, you never beat higher players no matter how you play.

Specialy not rank 100 paid players...

Lights_of_Sanity
Lights_of_Sanity
28 posts
Jester

Best strategy I have found while playing Phage Wars live. Distribute your stat points approximately in these categories.
~2/3 Reproduction
~1/3 Strength
-After you max out Reproduction, then max Strength, then start putting speed. As you can see, reproduction is slightly more favorable as a skill then strength. Speed is not really necessary until around 51 when you start getting the extra stat points.
-I'm level 22 right now and my stats are distributed into
~16 reproduction, 8 strength.
I find to win most of my games when the players I am matched with people around my level that are upon levels 20-25. So if you match with a person that is at least 5-10 levels higher than you, its best to quit, and find another game where the levels are more equal.
-A problem though, is that in this multiplayer game, the amount of stat points that you have strongly affect the outcome of a game.
-Players that are 5 or more levels ahead of you are most likely to win, unless you can either team up against the higher ranked player, or if you can find a strategic spot on a map to beat them.
-I suggest paying for the 25 stat points in the beginning because it really helps a lot with the extra stat points.
-Good luck

highyou
highyou
3 posts
Peasant

I agree with the reproduction and the strength strategy. After that, build up the speed and injection at the same time.

Bheleu
Bheleu
2 posts
Peasant

Should be a penalty on leaving auto join games...lose 2 or 3 levels and the stats.

NukesRus
NukesRus
1 posts
Nomad

Personally, when on a map with a 2x strength cell, I seem to be one of the only people realizing to put all cells into that cell. I upgrade strength only, and on those kind of maps I dominated. I can take on about 7 levels highers than me. I am level 13 and all in strength has been working VERY well to me. On 2x strength cell maps, if you have 8 strength, thats 16 strength in those cell attacks. if you have 1 or 2 strength, thats 2 or 4 strength. So personally strength helps me out the most.

armort
armort
15 posts
Peasant

Do not disregard the speed factor. Specially in maps you have to overcome longer distances.

Moreover the creator of a room should have the possibility to kick people that dont fit in the stated settings...

BlueLeader3
BlueLeader3
1 posts
Nomad

i'm level 10 and disagree with the beating another player higher than you being impossible. I don't win a lot but the ones i do win are against level 15-25s due to strategy. It varies from map to map what you need but one thing stays the same, a defensible position and never getting caught in between two other players' feud. As for points, I do equal reproduction and strength with the ocational speed, currently I'm at 5 rep., 4 str., and 1 speed looking to do 1 more str. and then another speed. Hope this helps a bit.

hezdog
hezdog
151 posts
Peasant

Reproduction is the best to spend your points on. You will gain points much faster and be able to over come enemies because ALL of your cells will gain phages and you will be able to over come enemies fast.
Strength is next, then speed, then injection.

Showing 1-9 of 9