ForumsProgramming ForumProgramming/Study Group

10 5730
Melawe
Melawe
7 posts
Nomad

Hello,

Iâm wondering if anyone would like to join a Java learning group. I think it would help a lot, esp for self learners. Here is some of the things Iâd like to do:

â¢Help each other
â¢Teach each other
â¢Make projets together
â¢Would like 1-15 members

Asking someone else to complete your homework wont be allowed, nor is spoon feeding.

I would like programmers on all levels,

Iâm teaching my self Java; just a few pages left to finish the book.

If interested feel free to comment, like wise any other comments are welcome.

For a list of the members go to : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AseD_eIwMWlCdFZYaXByZWhHNmN5dEw4aVRJU1JOdVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

-Mel

• 10 Replies
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@Melawe

Yes, I have done some stuff with Java. In fact, I'm taking a class right now (though it's very easy; I get everything pretty much right away). I'm currently working on an all-text game using Java, and am learning on the go.

Melawe
Melawe
7 posts
Nomad

Would you like to join us then? We have a total of 7 members currently.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@Melawe

Well, it does sound interesting, but I'm afraid I'll have to refuse. I have very little free time as it is, and will have very little to devote to a group such as this. I realize that that's a selfish reason, and I'm sorry, but my answer is no.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Hmm...

To amend my previous statement, I will say that if you want to talk to me here, I will be happy to, but I'm just not interested in adding another site to my list of those I have some sort of devotion to.

Melawe
Melawe
7 posts
Nomad

:/ Would have been great to have you in. If you ever change your mind, mail me.

-Mel

ooier
ooier
28 posts
Shepherd

hi,
THIS was the thread i'm looking for
i know java well.
i learned all on my own via youtube and other sites
can i join the team?

Melawe
Melawe
7 posts
Nomad

Ooier yes you can. I will contact you soon once i get the site running.

Melawe
Melawe
7 posts
Nomad

Hello everyone,

The group has quite a few members so I will not accept any new members till further notice. This group is going to be like a virtual class for people teaching them selves, and a place to use what the member(self taught or other wise) has learnt so far and also learn more by coding. For that to work I canât have 400 members in this group.

As said before I might accept more members but till then I need to take care of the current members.

-Mel

Melawe
Melawe
7 posts
Nomad

The Forum is now Live! All members can sign up now, to have your account activated pm me the username you will use.

-Mel

Melawe
Melawe
7 posts
Nomad

ooier are you still in?

Showing 1-10 of 10