Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

im getting bored, can you guys help me?

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 29, '08 at 11:19pm

iFish

iFish

832 posts

my school modo (or however you spell that) is that "take a risk, get involved, stay commited", there is 1 kid that goes to school with me, he lives in front of my house, do you think i should get to know him?

Posted Jan 29, '08 at 11:19pm

Carlie

Carlie

7,222 posts

Knight

Wow! Aren't you 14? Have you been working or something? I am 20 and there is no way I have enough money to afford a house, let alone pay my apartment rent on my own.

Posted Jan 29, '08 at 11:21pm

iFish

iFish

832 posts

i dont work, i just save up alot, and i need to invest it, all i have to do is get enough money for the down payment, and then when people rent the house, that money will pay for the rest of the money for the house

Posted Jan 29, '08 at 11:33pm

Carlie

Carlie

7,222 posts

Knight

I guess it depends a lot on where you live too. The median home price in CA is somewhere around $600,000. I thought that sounded cheap when I heard it too!

I would try to get to know people, definitely! He could be a really cool guy, and you might be really glad that you introduced yourself.

Posted Jan 29, '08 at 11:45pm

iFish

iFish

832 posts

your right Carlie, i will try to see if i could become friends with him,

and im looking for a REALLY cheap house, like 300,000-400,000, im still a kid, so i will look into that later in my life.

and im am really glad that you replyed. i was hoping that you would, because it always seems that you have some of the better ideas. i had been thinking the same thing (about him being really cool), but i just needed a second opinion. ill try to see what happens, and by summer i will surely be out of this dilemma. but untill things start to move along, i think i might pull out my old set of lego blocks. thank you Carlie, you always seem to be helping me the most.

Posted Jan 29, '08 at 11:50pm

iFish

iFish

832 posts

lol, ok ill look into that

Posted Jan 29, '08 at 11:51pm

Carlie

Carlie

7,222 posts

Knight

Sure

And if you like Legos you could always try Mindstorm. They look very cool!!

Posted Jan 30, '08 at 3:54am

dank

dank

1,045 posts

Knight

Go invest some of your money in the market. You could buy a lot of GOOG with that...I want a GOOG

Posted Jan 30, '08 at 4:25am

Carlie

Carlie

7,222 posts

Knight

Or AAPL. You cannot go wrong with AAPL!

Posted Jan 30, '08 at 10:04am

dank

dank

1,045 posts

Knight

I just bought some AAPL