ForumsNews and FeedbackUnable to Rate until after five minutes?

31 8861
ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

Should we not be aloud to rate a game until after 2-5 Minutes of being on that screen, as then it will stop people sort of spamming. etc someone going onto random games rating going onto another game rating, without ever playing the game.

• 31 Replies
glaceonex23
glaceonex23
425 posts
Nomad

This has already a thread but I know it's locked..

pruimenmoes
pruimenmoes
35 posts
Nomad

good idea,but then five minutes cuz you need some time to rate

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Glace is correct, there was a thread addressed by the developers early on in Beta. However, since users will be given a re-rate feature for gaming, I don't think a rate time limit will be a significant issue.

darkwolf1
darkwolf1
182 posts
Shepherd

Yea, even I toltaly agree with that as well.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I think only being able to rate 50-75 games a day will be good, it'll cut down on spam-rating. Users will have to spread it out over weeks instead of a day or two. But if points aren't given for rating games then it'll be useless, they'll have no incentive to rate the games.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

I think only being able to rate 50-75 games a day

ONLY 50-75? There's no way you could be able to play 75 games enough to give it a fair rating in a day.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Probably not, but at least it's better than allowing people to rate every game in one day.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Are we even going to get any sort of points for rating games in AG3? If we aren't, spam-rating shouldn't be an issue.

If we are, why?

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I think we get no AP for rate in AG3, but im not sure.

glaceonex23
glaceonex23
425 posts
Nomad

I know the APs are going to be only in achievements or something like that.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I remember Cormyn mentioning a few months back them probably lowering it to one point for rating a game or just taking points for rating out. But if AG3 is going to focus more on games with achievements and such, then why not reward points for rating a game?

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Because you dont have to play to rate a geme... so someone can spam ratings to get AP.
If we get "only" AP from achivements we must play games to get them and so there no more "spam AP".

tajinder123
tajinder123
1 posts
Nomad

not only can you not rate but you can't add a game into your favourites

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

not only can you not rate but you can't add a game into your favourites

No AP for rating =/= cannot rate. I think both rating and faving will be allowed on AG3, but you won't earn AP for rating as far as I know. Think more before posting something as fact when it's not.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

You don't have to play it, but if AG is going to be more focused on games rather than community involvement (forums, comments), then it makes more sense to reward players for rating games.

Showing 1-15 of 31