ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 146601
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

No, just a continued and memorable presence.

Well, that must be easier for non-spammers.

Just remember, as long as people like myself stick around you will never be at the very top.

Um... ok... But being at the very top would be an exaggerated dream. You're ranked 6! While I'm ranked 594. My rank is quite good, but yours is awesome! And, besides ranks, you fit the Vet description from the other thread and is here since the Golden Days. It would take a LONG time for me to reach you.

Yup, it's pretty hard to get past Knight's massive ego.

I see that! XD

Also, how the forum games section was back in the Golden Age?
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

And even you've found yourself in trouble more than once, Graham

Sharing is caring. I'll always be the first to have armatar 250. *Glares at possum's corpse*

Also, how the forum games section was back in the Golden Age?

No RPG's.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

No RPG's.

Oh. That means it was better or worse? Surely was better a few months ago, when "How much respect you have for the above user"(locked because of an useless fight. Pitiful) was unlocked and other games were actually on the first page.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

{sorry for DP}

Also, how was the other sections? Popular media, Video and Flash Games and Support and Suggestions?

gamer1111111
gamer1111111
204 posts
Farmer

This is stupid.It's not about how many AP you have,but what games you play and how much fun you have playing.Iv'e been playing games on this site for over 4 years,but I did'nt actually join until march.Does that mean older users are better than younger ones?I don't think so.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

This is stupid.It's not about how many AP you have,but what games you play and how much fun you have playing.Iv'e been playing games on this site for over 4 years,but I did'nt actually join until march.Does that mean older users are better than younger ones?I don't think so.

If you bothered reading through, you would know that we were referring to the Community, ie the Forums. Doesn't matter if you've been playing the games for ages longer than us, the fact is we haven't interacted much with you.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Yup, it's pretty hard to get past Knight's massive ego.

Or your childish annoying self. I mean, I've been a pretty good boy for the past month, you show up and BAM my forum post gets deleted.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

AMV seems like the cool hangout, but I stopped going there. I liked people's works, but nowadays it's just "Look at meh rap" or "A picture by (insert genericnamehere). A lot of respectable users are in the video games section, they just don't venture anywhere else. I'm sure that's true with other forums I don't check.

90% of the people on my friends list are gone or banned.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

AMV seems like the cool hangout, but I stopped going there. I liked people's works, but nowadays it's just "Look at meh rap" or "A picture by (insert genericnamehere). A lot of respectable users are in the video games section, they just don't venture anywhere else. I'm sure that's true with other forums I don't check.

90% of the people on my friends list are gone or banned.

I just loled at the last word. I remember you.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Why did the older members get banned? They were obviously doing well enough before, it seems odd that someone who actually gained recognition was banned for something other age.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Why did the older members get banned? They were obviously doing well enough before, it seems odd that someone who actually gained recognition was banned for something other age.

The issue is usually that they were able to behave a lot worse in the smaller community, and didn't change tactics in the larger community, which meant stepping users (and perhaps new mods) over the toes for various reasons. Because of the larger community we have to be a lot stricter about the rules, which also lead to more temp bans, and admins looking at the ban histories and concluding it would never get better.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I just loled at the last word. I remember you.

I was young a nooby. Let's forget about that

The issue is usually that they were able to behave a lot worse in the smaller community, and didn't change tactics in the larger community, which meant stepping users (and perhaps new mods) over the toes for various reasons. Because of the larger community we have to be a lot stricter about the rules, which also lead to more temp bans, and admins looking at the ban histories and concluding it would never get better.

I would agree with that, but it seems to me less bannings have been going on. Does anyone remember 420 guy? there's nostalgia all in itself.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

He was bloody annoying. Like the adbots/ad spammers, just more frequently and with a worse disguise.
Even more so because the staff refused to give in and start IP blocking the guy for whatever reason.
I think it left most of the mods burned out entirely, which might be one of the reasons why it is only us rookie mods being active on a constant basis.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

I've only been on AG for over a year, 2 years in 3 months, but I remember when I first joined, the community was a little bit better. But I still like it. It is quite a bit less active though.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

which might be one of the reasons why it is only us rookie mods being active on a constant basis.

You guys seem to be doing a good job.
Showing 61-75 of 1018