ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 146553
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I miss Zophia. And Walker. Not so much Asherlee, but I still wonder why they all just disappeared.

This place was much more fun when multiple mods would actually participate in the same discussions.

Where's Zoph

And the only time I interacted with Walker I immediately went back into hiatus; what a pedant.

He is still active, however mainly in the Flash section.

I am?

Never see you there mate.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well Mr.Walker used to participate in the WEPR. I saw him there, but hes not around as much as he used to be.

Because he hardly seems to be online at all. I can't recall what he said specifically, but he is busy.

Although considering the reaction I think it was worth it.

D:

I am?

You are still active, right?
As for the section, that was where I saw you a lot a bit of time ago, so my hypothesis was that it was so.

Where's Zoph

In her bed, sleeping as of this moment.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Aww, never met them.

You've missed a lot...

I am?

You are?

In her bed, sleeping as of this moment

Has she been on AG recently-ish?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Where's Zoph

In her bed, sleeping as of this moment.

*Cough* On the virtual world. Does she ever pop up here these days?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well, she kinda got annoyed with how AG3 was building up and stopped coming here most of the time, instead just popping online once or twice a month, if that much.
Instead, she is using her time in Spiral Knights and City of Heroes, as well as various other places like the art communities she is a part of and the forums associated with the MMOs, I believe.
She checks by, but usually when I point out something is happening on her profile or linking her to some reply in a thread which I think she should see, if nothing, then because I feel an urge to rant about it.

Anyway, to not derail this further into 'individual user' territory (too many trip mines), I was thinking about bringing back an old joy from the AMV: The Art Skill Competition. Though, it will doubtfully be as awesome as back in the days where Klaus got the reward of dishonour for the Box theme and the vets of the art community started trying to get said reward.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

The Art Skill Competition

So...Much...Memories... *Emotional explosion leading to deep crying*

...it will doubtfully be as awesome as back in the days where Klaus got the reward of dishonour for the Box theme and the vets of the art community started trying to get said reward.

He deserved it.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Maybe the v3 forums should have a section specifically dedicated to religion, then we can all avoid that mess when need be.

I can post my religious poetry. Yay!

Just kidding.

Bringing back the ASC would help revive the place, but only if it doesn't die soon after.

Meh, calling the AMW the AMW is better than calling the WEPR the WERP.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Or your childish annoying self. I mean, I've been a pretty good boy for the past month, you show up and BAM my forum post gets deleted.

What?

Maybe the v3 forums should have a section specifically dedicated to religion, then we can all avoid that mess when need be.

What?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

What?

Post about Jezz. It got removed. Probably by Cen.

Though, it will doubtfully be as awesome as back in the days where Klaus got the reward of dishonour for the Box theme and the vets of the art community started trying to get said reward.

I keep promising to do the Poetry Competition, but I just give up everytime.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

The contests don't get as many entries as they used to, which detracts somewhat from their enjoyment.

I think I remember the ASC, unfortunately not very well, I suppose I shall go trawl the archives.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The contests don't get as many entries as they used to, which detracts somewhat from their enjoyment.

I think I remember the ASC, unfortunately not very well, I suppose I shall go trawl the archives.

Relics from the past....that's very sad
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I just spent about an hour reading the TTICA archives, nostalgia OD.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I find this thread illogical. People seem to be claiming that most of the people worth talking to left mostly because there were not enough people here worth talking to.

But, then there would have had to have been a first person to leave for such a reason. But, since this person is the first to leave, when they left there would have been just as many interesting people as there was when this place was cool.

In other words, in order for this place to lose talent, people would have had to have left when things were still good.

So. Maybe things were never that great in the first place. Or (more likely) people left because their expectations changed/ lives became complicated.

In this case, the decay of this site has more to do problems that exist in the real world. Unless, of course, you want to blame everything on boring new people. Blaming, after all, is crazy fun.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Or (more likely) people left because their expectations changed/ lives became complicated.

I'm guessing that the interesting people also had interesting lives and moved on.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

People seem to be claiming that most of the people worth talking to left mostly because there were not enough people here worth talking to

Except that its true. If you think the AMW is awesome now, you should have seen it two years ago. It was epic, what with the ASC and the NES, and the fact that even my most mediocre peice of writing could get a comment, while I can write an entire page worth of post and get nothing.

I think the problem arises in the fact that, while you have an equal amount of users worth knowing as there has always been, you have more users who... arent. Coupled with the fact that most only post once or twice, and people start to run together in your head.

Of course, I think I joined in what I call 'The Twilight'. I was too new to befriend the likes of Ricador, Pazx, Manta, and all them, and now I'm old to all you new people. :/
Showing 91-105 of 1018