ForumsPopular MediaEDM vs. Pop vs. Rock

21 15710
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I vote for EDM. I listen to everything to be honest, but I like EDM the most.
Rock- I only listen to the good ol' rock, not the trashy garbage present today.

Pop- There is absolutely no emotions in pop nowadays, and the songs aren't even natural, it's all remade on computers. (Not saying EDM is exactly natural, but EDM like Daft Punk and Kavisnky and similiar, you can still hear and feel songs full of emotion)

Your opinion?

• 21 Replies
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

f*** that staement! theres good rock today.

If you consider ska rock, yes, indeed there is.

nah not really listen to wat u wnat but POP music takes no talent.

Today's pop takes no talent. Michael Jackson and others had very much talent

no idea what edm is?

Electronic Dance Music. Please, read through threads before responding
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

See I'm going to come under a lot of fire for this (I have before), but I honestly consider pop to be the death of music. To me it just seems talentless and mostly run through auto-tune. And maybe I'm just lumping pop with EDM, but I find the distinction hard to come by these days. At least with rock I can tell what it is and whether or not its good. Has it become a little generic? Yeah, I'll admit that, but pop/EDM/"whatever the hell it is" is just too similar for me to differentiate from. Oh sure I know what dubstep is, but again I fail to see the talent or appeal.

Maybe I'm too old school in my tastes, or maybe I'm crazy, but I'll take the late 80's and early 90's over anything, though I do like the Beatles and some of today's stuff. I'm not overly musically enthused, but again, with everything being so one dimensional, at least to me, it's hard for me to enjoy music like I used to. So, you'll forgive me if I take my Our Lady Peace, Peal Jam, Nirvana and whatever else I can find and crank it up to drown out those techno noises.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Maybe I'm too old school in my tastes, or maybe I'm crazy, but I'll take the late 80's and early 90's over anything...

Oh of course you're not to old, it's called actually having good taste in music. I fully agree with you on EDM being synthetic and emotionless, but some EDM genres are just so pleasing to the ear, that's the main reason why I like EDM.

...though I do like the Beatles and some of today's stuff.

I'm sorry if I misread this, but did you just say that The Beatles are modern-age musicians? I believe I misread
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I'm sorry if I misread this, but did you just say that The Beatles are modern-age musicians? I believe I misread

Yes you misread my awkwardly constructed sentence.
NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

I...like pop D: soo many rock fans and stuff always say pop sucks and all that like you dont have to like it..but why insult it?

HighFieldAG
HighFieldAG
5 posts
Peasant

I go for EDM and Rock over Pop.

Showing 16-21 of 21