Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Anonymous

Posted Nov 4, '11 at 11:25am

Rorscach00

Rorscach00

25 posts

We are 1 day away from November 5th, the day the group called "anonymous", either influenced by British History,or by the "V for Vendetta" movie,is planning to destroy Facebook, bring down "Fox News" and hack several banking accounts for various reasons.
Now,they question is,will they manage to do it?
Personal opinion is that they will. After all,they did hack the pentagon,so I don't see how Facebook can be harder than that,plus they're pretty accurate with their threats coming into reality. So,what are your opinions?

Posted Nov 4, '11 at 11:33am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

That will b ammusing to see them getting succes in that

Posted Nov 4, '11 at 12:44pm

inferedmonkey

inferedmonkey

176 posts

I heard about this awhile ago and forgot about it untill now, but yes I think they'll be able to hack these people. I didn't know they hacked the pentagon but I new that they hacked ps3 and some other very large companies so I think that they'll probably have a good chance at hacking Facebook and some banks.

Posted Nov 4, '11 at 12:46pm

sensanaty

sensanaty

862 posts

...they did hack the pentagon...

Correction, anonymous hacked the CIA website for a day or two.

I agree they'll do the facebook part and damaging fox news, but they won't bring it down. And the bank account thing, it doesn't seem like anonymous, anonymous has no leader, and this would mean distributing money to every anonymous member in the world.

Posted Nov 4, '11 at 1:20pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

aslong it's not hack my bank acc. ive got no problem whit them trying to do so.

Posted Nov 4, '11 at 6:23pm

devsaupa

devsaupa

924 posts

Did they say damage it, or bring it completely down? It is entirely possible they could get information and hurt Facebook, but bring it down? I really don't think so.

Posted Nov 4, '11 at 6:57pm

Rorscach00

Rorscach00

25 posts

According to multiple sources both from the Internet and media(press,tv etc) they threatened to completely destroy it.

Posted Nov 4, '11 at 7:00pm

devsaupa

devsaupa

924 posts

That is a bit of a hollow threat. I don't think they have to power or skill to totally destroy either. If they could, I would be very impressed.

Posted Nov 5, '11 at 12:12am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

And the bank account thing, it doesn't seem like anonymous, anonymous has no leader, and this would mean distributing money to every anonymous member in the world.

Assumption, assumption, assumption. Did I mention assumption?

Even if they did bring down FB, it would backfire on them since they'll lose a large part of their support.

Posted Nov 5, '11 at 12:20am

sensanaty

sensanaty

862 posts

That is a bit of a hollow threat. I don't think they have to power or skill to totally destroy either.

You stand corrected, they have more than enough skill and knowledge to do so, hacking PSN and CIA isn't an easy task to accomplish

Reply to Anonymous

You must be logged in to post a reply!