ForumsWEPRAnonymous

19 8033
Rorscach00
Rorscach00
30 posts
Nomad

We are 1 day away from November 5th, the day the group called "anonymous", either influenced by British History,or by the "V for Vendetta" movie,is planning to destroy Facebook, bring down "Fox News" and hack several banking accounts for various reasons.
Now,they question is,will they manage to do it?
Personal opinion is that they will. After all,they did hack the pentagon,so I don't see how Facebook can be harder than that,plus they're pretty accurate with their threats coming into reality. So,what are your opinions?

• 19 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

That will b ammusing to see them getting succes in that

inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

I heard about this awhile ago and forgot about it untill now, but yes I think they'll be able to hack these people. I didn't know they hacked the pentagon but I new that they hacked ps3 and some other very large companies so I think that they'll probably have a good chance at hacking Facebook and some banks.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

...they did hack the pentagon...

Correction, anonymous hacked the CIA website for a day or two.

I agree they'll do the facebook part and damaging fox news, but they won't bring it down. And the bank account thing, it doesn't seem like anonymous, anonymous has no leader, and this would mean distributing money to every anonymous member in the world.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

aslong it's not hack my bank acc. ive got no problem whit them trying to do so.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Did they say damage it, or bring it completely down? It is entirely possible they could get information and hurt Facebook, but bring it down? I really don't think so.

Rorscach00
Rorscach00
30 posts
Nomad

According to multiple sources both from the Internet and media(press,tv etc) they threatened to completely destroy it.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

That is a bit of a hollow threat. I don't think they have to power or skill to totally destroy either. If they could, I would be very impressed.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

And the bank account thing, it doesn't seem like anonymous, anonymous has no leader, and this would mean distributing money to every anonymous member in the world.

Assumption, assumption, assumption. Did I mention assumption?

Even if they did bring down FB, it would backfire on them since they'll lose a large part of their support.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

That is a bit of a hollow threat. I don't think they have to power or skill to totally destroy either.

You stand corrected, they have more than enough skill and knowledge to do so, hacking PSN and CIA isn't an easy task to accomplish
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Even if they did bring down FB, it would backfire on them since they'll lose a large part of their support

You also stand corrected, most anonymous members dislike facebook for being a 'world-wide plague taking away our lives', atleast that's what I read anonymous members say (sorry I can't find the source, i'll try to get it)
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

You also stand corrected, most anonymous members dislike facebook for being a 'world-wide plague taking away our lives', atleast that's what I read anonymous members say (sorry I can't find the source, i'll try to get it)

Not necessarily Anonymous members (The real hackers), but people who sympathise with them and generally want to rebel against authority. I have a few as friends, but it'll irk them if FB is brought down.
DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
304 posts
Nomad

Well...

they use "anonymous" most likely not to conceal themselves but to strike fear in the hearts of others. Targetting Facebook, a major communication technology, and banks, which have $$$, they reinforce people's fears. Now many people believe that non one could hack into things such as Facebook Xbox Live, Twitter, Armor Games, PS3...

But hey... Look what happened to Sony a while ago... (hacked)

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

they use "anonymous" most likely not to conceal themselves but to strike fear in the hearts of others.

They use anonymous because they started of on 4chan.org

Now many people believe that non one could hack into things such as Facebook Xbox Live, Twitter, Armor Games, PS3...

But hey... Look what happened to Sony a while ago... (hacked)

That's what nearly every post on this thread said...
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Armor Games, PS3...

Really armorgames? It what mind set are you thinking? They have no reason to hack the whole internet they would lose all support. They hack only what helps their "cause". And anonymous doesn't do all the hacking their is a off shoot from them. A small group of about 15 experienced, highly trained hackers. I forgot their name sadly but research and you'll guaranteed to find them.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald
Showing 1-15 of 19