ForumsNews and FeedbackEditing Posts

14 3349
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

These forums lack the most basic thing ever. The ability to edit a post.

• 14 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

According to cormyn, this is the #1 requested item for the AG3 forums. Most likely, there will be a way to edit your own posts in AG3.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

As much as I've heard this request before, I kind of enjoy not having access to edit your posts. It makes people (well, me at least) think a bit more before I hit the submit button.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Like Oak said, it helps me consider what I am writing before submitting it. I kinda like the no editing of posts. I won't mind if they put it as a option, but I probably won't want to use it.

Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

As much as I've heard this request before, I kind of enjoy not having access to edit your posts. It makes people (well, me at least) think a bit more before I hit the submit button.

Well what about broken links, or typos, or things like that?
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

You should have proofed your post before posting then. =P Or correct when you post again.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

There's a thread to talk about the AG3 forums.

Anyway, I agree with the idea and it'll most likely be implemented. But Cormyn has said that it'll only be available for a few minutes then you can't edit.

Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

Anyway, I agree with the idea and it'll most likely be implemented. But Cormyn has said that it'll only be available for a few minutes then you can't edit.

But that ruins the whole point. You cant post part 1 of a story and then edit it later to show part 2
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I know. I've brought that up multiple times in the thread I linked to and they've said no to it on all occasions.

Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

Ok, I guess I cant do much here to convice all of you. I think I'll do all of my Creative Writing on mcforums and my RPG's Here..

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

I would LOVE to have the ability to edit posts. It would eliminate the glitchy sign things that you get when you copy and paste from other scources.

M1LKMAN
M1LKMAN
38 posts
Nomad

Since this is the #1 Requested thing, what about deleting posts?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I doubt they'd allow us to delete our own posts.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I doubt they'd allow us to delete our own posts.

They won't. It could cause spam easily, and plus it could cause a lot of confusion oftenly
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Yep. Being able to edit your posts is good enough and you can correct whatever mistakes you may have made. No real reason for us to delete our own posts.

Showing 1-14 of 14