ForumsNews and Feedback(Recycling) Will AG2 forum threads be transferred to AG3?

10 3229
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. One of my latest topics has been quite a success, lately. Now I'm thinking:

Will AG2 forum threads be transferred to AG3?

I'm really curious. I don't want it to die. If yes, I can sigh with relief. If no, I'll try to archive it.

I know that there is a sticky about AG3 forums, but I didn't found a definitive answer there. As this thread may be considered duplicate, when it gets answered, I would like if someone deleted it. Thank you for the responses.

• 10 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I don't think my previous post went through, I got an error page, so here it goes again:

There's no definite answer to this and seeing that the admins aren't very active in the forums you probably won't get any sort of answer from them unless you email them directly. But Cormyn has mentioned that they'll either transfer/back up the forums or start completely new; however, that depends on what forum engine they use and if it's possible with it.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss would rather start over fresh. The forums are kind of cluttered. And if they're restarting points, why not threads?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Thaboss would rather start over fresh. The forums are kind of cluttered. And if they're restarting points, why not threads?

what about Forum games? i have multiple games what will happen to them and everyone elses games
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Let me just say that I hope everything gets transferred to AG3; that way, people don't have to restart certain popular threads (if there are any at that point), and there wouldn't be a mass thread-creation period when the AG3 forums are released.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

what about Forum games? i have multiple games what will happen to them and everyone elses games

Not to mention the threads that do have some credibility. But getting rid of the trash threads would be nice. The threads that are years old but not locked should be thrown out as well to avoid any necros.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I don't like the idea of having to restart many threads, so I do hope they transfer them, just wouldn't be as fun seeing very few threads or even an influx of threads everywhere. I imagine it would be difficult to manage all of those.

JellyBlade
JellyBlade
3 posts
Nomad

D: They're resetting points! I feel sorry for the people will like 10000...

hazanator
hazanator
33 posts
Nomad

i think there should be a folder of ag2 or whatever asa well as new ones

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Because you will have a public outcry from anyone who gives a rip about the AMW.

If it were up to me, I would transfer all stickied threads, and all threads that had been posted in in the last 6 months. Anything else would be ditched.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

And if they're restarting points, why not threads?

They aren't deleting all rated games and comments made on those games if I remember correctly, so deleting everything in the forums would be bad. Yes, they are taking away points, but the things that you did for those points won't be restarted. I'd much prefer is everything in the forums were intact when AG3 is fully launched, because of history and it's better than having people restarting a whole bunch of threads, especially those of the AMW. If I were active in there with a writing/art thread and it was suddenly deleted then I'd be pissed.
Showing 1-10 of 10