ForumsWEPR[necro]Do you have any questions to ask a Chinese?

79 28142
Jiangyao
Jiangyao
15 posts
Nomad

I will do my best to answer.

• 79 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I live in KSA and i saw this happening.
Where a woman got angry and left her husband, he came after he people thought that he is mugging her beaten him pretty badly(with iron pipes and stuff).

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

hmmm you just copy / past your last comment. plz. explain what you try to say, instead of saying the same thing again

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Unlike here(KSA)

There aren't words to describe how ignorant and arrogant you sound for thinking that your country (especially one as unstable as Saudi Arabia) doesn't have this problem, and basing this thought on one situation you saw. Seriously, just because it doesn't make the news, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. So far we have only listed situations in China and America, that doesn't mean i can go ahead and say that every other country in the world's people don't follow a proven human reaction.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

Michael Jordan

I asked because I was curious about something. During the last olympics, a lot of the Chinese people that I saw who were asked the same question did not say "Yao Ming." I'm not trying to say that you should see him as your favorite, if you really do have a favorite, I just find it a curious thing that a lot don't label him as their favorite. It's just counter intuitive for me.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I just find it a curious thing that a lot don't label him as their favorite. It's just counter intuitive for me.

Well I don't have to root for the person of my own nationality. It's a personal choice, just like say an English person may not (almost definitely unless he supports Man U) say that Rooney is his favourite soccer player. Plus, Yao Ming doesn't play spectacularly well. It's still a personal choice.
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

LOL ha nice thread. Anyway, I have a question for you. Do you like to go to China? I went to China last year and I didn't like it.

Jiangyao
Jiangyao
15 posts
Nomad

LOL ha nice thread. Anyway, I have a question for you. Do you like to go to China? I went to China last year and I didn't like it.

I am living in China. I am a Chinese.
Jiangyao
Jiangyao
15 posts
Nomad

I asked because I was curious about something. During the last olympics, a lot of the Chinese people that I saw who were asked the same question did not say "Yao Ming." I'm not trying to say that you should see him as your favorite, if you really do have a favorite, I just find it a curious thing that a lot don't label him as their favorite. It's just counter intuitive for me.

Well, in fact there are very few NBA fans regard Yao Ming as their favourite. Most of them like true super stars just like Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and so on. Yao Ming is just a outstanding player, but not a real super star. On the other hand, there are very many people who like Yao Ming and regard him as the best NBA player blindly. If someone points weakness of Yao Ming they will be mad. And there is a obvious fact. That is they had not even heard anything about NBA before Yao Ming joined it. We call them fake fans.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

How often do you see people of other ethnicities there? I know here in America I've seen just about all of them at one point or another it would seem.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

How often do you see people of other ethnicities there?

Depends on where you stay. Generally there are more ''foreigners'' (Read, Westerners) in the Eastern parts of the country, where the richer folk live in cosmopolitan cities. As you head West, you start to see less of them and more Han Chinese. As you go further West you see non-Han people who are citizens. Meaning they aren't Han Chinese such as Manchurians, Mongolians, people who used to live in Central Asia until the Qing Dynasty annexed them. Though they speak Chinese too, which is freaky. Much of these people are minorities , but they aren't foreigners per se.
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

I am living in China. I am a Chinese.

O.o ohh ok. I'm American-Chinese, and I don't like to go there.
MrMoneh
MrMoneh
78 posts
Nomad

I would originally avoid asking them stereo typical like questions, but if I can't help it, I'd ask 3 questions.

Are you good at playing the piano?
Are you good at math?
Are you a terrible driver?

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Are you good at playing the piano?
Are you good at math?
Are you a terrible driver?

I know you're asking Jiangyao, but I suppose I could answer them too.

1) Umm. . . I quit piano in July and I was pretty bad at it.
2) Yeah I guess I would say so. My mom always teaches me everything in the math course in the summer though.
3) [not applicable for me] For my dad, he drives slow, "for safety reasons" and my mom drives fast and reads a book whenever there's a red light. So I dunno.

Oh yeah btw I don't get offended by stereotypes, so I don't really care what people say about Chinese people.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

O.o ohh ok. I'm American-Chinese, and I don't like to go there.

Why don't you like to visit china, and what part do you visit?
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

[quote]O.o ohh ok. I'm American-Chinese, and I don't like to go there.

Why don't you like to visit china, and what part do you visit?[/quote]

No actually I think it was because I got airsick on the plane so I didn't feel well there. I went to FuZhou, Wu Yi Shan, and Beijing.
Showing 46-60 of 79