ForumsNews and FeedbackIn the new website make a black background instead of a White.

11 7443
TrueExotic
TrueExotic
1 posts
Nomad

This would give armor games more of an attraction by there aprereance.

• 11 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Here's the beta website. If you can see it then the background is a darker kind of blue, but the stuff on the page is white so we can actually tell what it is. Making that black or anything would ruin it and make it difficult to see what's on the page, especially if the whole site is dark, and I don't think they plan on changing their appearance because it's been that color since closed beta.

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

i like black so i think it would be good

Korakc
Korakc
14 posts
Nomad

I dont know if that'd really be good

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

sounds silly to me... we want to say "HEY! i am the great ARMOR GAMES!", and be seen! we need high contrast but not su much it turns in to a rainbow, so the black and white just how it is is great! also for us (yes i too and 1/10 other men) collor blind people if you do a lot of the same colors together and only change the shades it is hard to see(as it is more shade we can not see and not whole colors (very rare, have a cousin who can't see blue...)).

I have "feedback praised" AG3 on the contrast and easyness of reading that a lot of sites fail on!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I actually wouldn't mind the background (as in what is currently the white where the posts are displayed) being a darker colour for greater energy saving.

Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

The energy saving idea would be profitable, however you do have to remember that there are users who are partially or fully colorblind. A shade of grey on a black background wouldn't help them out, it would drive them off the site. (I know that this is a minority, but the site should be able to cater to some of the disabilities of its users.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

well color blind is not want you think it is, i and most every color blind person can see color it is just sertant shapes and contrast, thought making all the colors darker would lower contrast and make it harder (for some impossable) to see.

it is not i minority 1/10 men in the would is a lot of people, also it is heraditery the female careys the gene and gives it to the males, so if all the males in your famly are color blind most likely you are, you maybe not notice it till one day ether it get realy bad in old age or you can't see the letters or pictures on a page or something of that sort... then you feel realy bad... and you wish you could see what your missing... but other than that you may never know until old age (gets worse with age a lot of times) but lets not get off topic... sorry

i under stand the color energy idea but, if you have a LCD screen it should not matter it takes energy no matter what unless the screen is off and LCD screens take little energy, now for a LED or CRT screen it would help and they both take a lot of energy though i don't think it is that big of a deal really, as if your playing a game you have to have internet and a lot fo time that means you should have power (not all the time, i don't personaly...), and that is only for those laptop users, unless you talking electric bill and in that case your computer should not take up more than 1 Amp (divide your watts by 120 volts and you got Amps)
so that is very little you micro wave or coffe pot takes 15 Amps! but i woun't argue with a mod, but i will give my opion

Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

I like what they did to the background on AGv3. Next to your flag there is a button that you can push to change the background to your liking. It's a great idea, and has solved this topic in my opinion.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

To add onto what Rayce said, if the staff made a Shift background, then it would be both black and white. Which would satisfy both ends of the argument. Plus it would be a choice, so not everyone would have to have the one background.

Marius2323
Marius2323
199 posts
Nomad

It's black now.
(on my com.)

AncientRambler
AncientRambler
1 posts
Nomad

Yes, please, make armor games create a black background on or off option button, I have seen it on other sites, and it makes all the difference!

Nothing worse than trying to focus on a dark game (Or any game), whilst constantly getting a bright glaring background dazzling you, especially at night, when all other lights are off!

Make a small on / button, and just have a white (Or better still, a small luminous Zombie green) button off to the side at the top, so if you wanted to get the white background and frame back on for a moment, a simple left click would do it!!

Black browser themes and the turn off the lights add-on just don`t work to darken all the white bits out, it`s so annoying!

When you go to watch a film at the Cinema, they don`t leave huge bright pillars or frames of bright white showing or shining on the curtains and all around the screen once the main house lights have been dimmed, cos if they did, you would moan, and rightfully so, as you wouldn`t be able to properly focus on the screen! Personally I think all games show have the easy black out background option!!

Showing 1-11 of 11