ForumsThe TavernRobots Becoming More Intelligent Than Us

27 3878
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

My question is, what do you think would happen if robots became more intelligent than us? Please say why you think that would happen. (BTW They gained this intellegence from the bottom up approach and nothing was preprogramed into them other than the technology to gain and use intellegence with no help from a human)

• 27 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Uhm, robots are already more intelligent than us. But my particular robot of interest would never harm me, Siri <3.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Uhm, robots are already more intelligent than us. But my particular robot of interest would never harm me, Siri <3.

They actualy aren't more intellegent than us and just store memory, they are all preprogramed to do things and the things that they do don't even compare to what we can do, I think the most intellegent robot is a one who is programmed to catch his own food (flies) and runs completly on that.

Btw just researched that Siri thing that you mentioned and that actualy in my mind dosen't have much intellegence since it is just a voice recognition system and nothing else.
aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

Btw just researched that Siri thing that you mentioned and that actualy in my mind dosen't have much intellegence since it is just a voice recognition system and nothing else

dont talk to siri like that!

and if u didnt notice robots an acroynm really obvious bomb of tech smart or in normal talk a bomb that goes to the school of tech smart
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

what do you think would happen if robots became more intelligent than us?

We would have to make a robot that would be able to teach itself how to do stuff. That would be the only way a robot could become smarter then a human.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

They know more then us if they have access to a database and are programmed to be able to access to that data. Intelligence and smarts (lack of a better word ) are two different things.
GrayWolfs
GrayWolfs
11 posts
Shepherd

if they did i would thing that they would eventually take over

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

It depends. If we allowed these robots to multiply and spread and act out in a physical form, then we would be idiots. But if we controled them then there wouldn't be a problem.

Fs97
Fs97
93 posts
Nomad

If this were to happen, I would command my robot to make a hoverboard. 'Nuff said.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

They can be as smart as they want. As long as they don't posses any characteristics that could pose a threat, such as lasers or giant teeth, or things like that.

*note to self. Laser does not have a z in it.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

and if u didnt notice robots an acroynm really obvious bomb of tech smart or in normal talk a bomb that goes to the school of tech smart

Wait... Please rephrase that cause I couldn't understand that at all.
if they did i would thing that they would eventually take over

But why WOULD they want to take over?
They can be as smart as they want. As long as they don't posses any characteristics that could pose a threat, such as lasers or giant teeth, or things like that.

But why would they want to do any harm? Why would a sudden burst of intelligence make them want to kill and control? The only reason why we do that is because of survival of the fittest and kill or be killed, but robots don't have that problem.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

But why would they want to do any harm? Why would a sudden burst of intelligence make them want to kill and control? The only reason why we do that is because of survival of the fittest and kill or be killed, but robots don't have that problem.

If they became smart enough to take over jobs, people would kill them. Just saying.
aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

Wait... Please rephrase that cause I couldn't understand that at all.
rephraseing R.O.B.O.T.S <acroynm Really Obvious Bomb Of Tech Smart
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

They would take over the world first, of course, and control us with electric collars. They would use us as slaves and cheap entertainment.

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

They would take over the world first, of course, and control us with electric collars. They would use us as slaves and cheap entertainment.
if we dont entertain them they will unleash the B of their name
gamer1111111
gamer1111111
204 posts
Farmer

The proper term for this is called "setience", meaning that one day computers will become self-aware.And unless being able to answer questions programmed into you means "concuring the world",I don't think robots are concuring anything any time soon.=)

Showing 1-15 of 27