ForumsProgramming ForumI need help with AS3! Making a game! Some knowledge!

5 4604
xPOTATOESAUCEx
xPOTATOESAUCEx
8 posts
Nomad

Me and two of my friends are creating a small flash games from a very BIG concept! We are excellent designers and creators, however we lack any real coding skills. If you all could provide me with any advice or training that would be greatly appreciated!

If you have a Skype and you would be willing to do some Skype conversations on this concept feel free to tell me so in a message or post! Thank you much!

• 5 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

You already made a thread and it got no response because nobody wants to teach you how to program over a chat room, and because it's covered in the stickies.

xPOTATOESAUCEx
xPOTATOESAUCEx
8 posts
Nomad

I'm not asking people to teach me! Just some tips or rather resources or anything they can give me! I'm beginning to learn quickly and I've already grasped some of these concepts and some of the language. Just asking for resources so that I may continue with more in intensive research!

Although, I thank you for your input. Sorry if I've become a nuisance.

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

hey... im sure you hsve a complier right? look online for prd files of AS3 code.... study it learn it .... love it....

also As3 has the autocorrect feature so you msy not need to type everything

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Take your idea, and write it down on a piece of paper or somewhere where you won't lose it. If you're anything like me, your first idea is so advanced and over-the-top that it is near impossible for you to create it as your first game.

There are a lot of tutorials out there, but a lot of them are subpar and assume you have a basic knowledge of programming already. I suggest you read up on some of the simple aspects of programming: stuff like variables, functions, constants, etc. These concepts are pretty much universal among all programming languages.

Once you've done that, look up an AS3 tutorial like this one and you're on your way.

xPOTATOESAUCEx
xPOTATOESAUCEx
8 posts
Nomad

Lol! Thank you for your suggestions!
My team and I do have our idea down on paper and have our characters drawn up, we started to transfer them into graphic designs! The game is coming together and I'll keep all of your tips in mind and look into these different things!

Showing 1-5 of 5