ForumsThe TavernScience discussions.

205 26247
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

This is an area for general science and maths based discussions.

Ask me directly for any info on any science or maths based topic!

• 205 Replies
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Wait, wait, wait, it's 10 to 6. Who the hell stays in school after 5?

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

I was just introduced to it in my Adv. Algebra book :P And apparently it's hypothetical.
Oh right, that's why its not on our syllabus; it's not something that we'd do till next year... Trachyons, eh? Well if they're hypothetical then they don't exist like the superactinides.
It's 1 PM on the East Coast.
This is international and therefore people live in different countries. So it isn't that time in every country. Anyway, how come you're not in school?
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I don't understand what the link is trying to tell me; it doesn't explain it in English, just in PhD science terminology, so it's a bit beyond me...

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

I'm homeschooled and have already finished all my homework for today. And a majority of AG are still in school living in the US. Just sayin'.
How come? I get a lotta armor games elsewhere on the internet, surely someone outside the USA would've stumbled onto it by now...
Plus being homeschooled is better than goin to high school.
It was probably a syllabus you wouldn't use, it usually mentions ideas and stuff way ahead of it's level. It even referenced some Calculus stuff in it, if I recall.
Wow, how intelligent are you? If you're more intelligent than me, that'd be a kick in the pants. I'm really, really intelligent. I know virtually everything in maths and science...
Same here :P I'll check the book and see what it mentions about Tachyons, though I think it was just a reference to them in the story it was telling. (E.G. "I'll get it done faster than a tachyon" or something like that.)
Oh right, well i haven't even studied sub-atomic particles at all, yet. So I only know of the notorious proton, neutron and electron and everybody knows about those and how they can decay into alpha, beta and gamma radiation. The fact that you're in school (or "home-school" or whatever) and you know about stuff that I don't is really quite amazing...
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

I know, I was just saying a majority do; I wasn't saying that everyone on AG lives in the US and goes to school (which obviously isn't true).
I know that. It just seems that the percentages would say that that is a statisitcal improbability. Even though it was made in America, that does not matter none because it is on the internet which is worldwide, I just think that this applies more to them...
All I did was read my book... :P I really don't understand much about them at all; I'm not really a science nerd.
Oh right, okay then. I am a science nerd. And **** proud too. And a maths nerd. Been striving to be one for such a long time and I'm finally getting there but tripping over on the last hurdle because I'm failing physics and especially chemistry... ):

I like maths. Particularly integration. I like elemental chemistry. Particularly the transactinides and the superactinides...
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

http://i.imgur.com/tByv6.png

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

@ master 565: you're not allowed to copy and paste text boxes. It says so in the rules and guidlines because they confuse people and beat profanity filters. I said that I know virtually everything. Not absolutely everything. Duh...

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

@ master 565: you're not allowed to copy and paste text boxes. It says so in the rules and guidlines because they confuse people and beat profanity filters.

It does? Never knew that, got to go look that up.

I said that I know virtually everything. Not absolutely everything. Duh...

Virtually - nearly; almost

If you don't know the theory of relativity, you don't know a very large amount of modern physics, and therefor, you don't know virtually everything, not even close. Somebody can study math and science their entire life and not know even close to virtually everything.
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

It does? Never knew that, got to go look that up.
Yes it does, go freshen up on the rules and guidelines...
Virtually - nearly; almost

If you don't know the theory of relativity, you don't know a very large amount of modern physics, and therefor, you don't know virtually everything, not even close. Somebody can study math and science their entire life and not know even close to virtually everything.
Well, admittedly my main intelligence is AS-Level and GCSE level maths, biolgy.
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

More discussions? How about chemistry? ooo, chemistry...,eh?

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

Pi= 3.14150265358979 and i dont know the rest

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Pi is a number which is slightly more than three. It represents the amount of squares will fit into a circle or something like that. It was invented by the greeks for some purpose or other. Did you know that the area of a sphere is dictated by four thirds of the cube of the radius multiplied by pi? [4/3 pi r cubed]

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

This is a discussion thread not a debate thread,

I'm well aware of that...but just because something is not a debate doesn't mean it doesn't need to have a direction to it.

plus I'm inviting people to post their own topics based on mathematical and scientific things and there ain't anybody intelligent enough to think of anything or at least they can't think of anything off the top of their head;

I'm sure many people on here know lots of random facts about mathmetical and scientific things, they just have no reason to post here because there's no real topic.

do you have anything to add or a topic to discuss about mathematics or science? If not, then get the hell off my thread and stop spamming!

1) You asked people why they aren't posting. "Why won't anybody post anything!?"
2) I was not spamming.
3) I find it funny you think I'm spamming when you've posted on top of yourself 3-4 times on multiple occasions in this thread.

I'm really, really intelligent. I know virtually everything in maths and science...

Intelligence /= Education

Well, admittedly my main intelligence is AS-Level and GCSE level maths, biolgy.

No, that's not your "intelligence" that's your current amount of education in that subject.

Pi is a number which is slightly more than three. It represents the amount of squares will fit into a circle or something like that.

*Facepalm*

PI was derived by how many times the diameter of the circle it takes to go around the perimeter. Not by squares...
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

I'm well aware of that...but just because something is not a debate doesn't mean it doesn't need to have a direction to it
Okay, I guess that's true...
I'm sure many people on here know lots of random facts about mathmetical and scientific things, they just have no reason to post here because there's no real topic.
They **** well better. This is the time to release your random scientific and mathematical knowledge all over the net... yeah!
1) You asked people why they aren't posting. "Why won't anybody post anything!?"
2) I was not spamming.
3) I find it funny you think I'm spamming when you've posted on top of yourself 3-4 times on multiple occasions in this thread.
LOL, hypocracy, touche.
wtf?
No, that's not your "intelligence" that's your current amount of education in that subject.
Okay, okay, okay, calm down, jeez...
PI was derived by how many times the diameter of the circle it takes to go around the perimeter. Not by squares...
It was both. The diameter to go around the circle is to figure out how pi goes into the circumference equation 2 pi r. and the squares to figure out that pi fits into the area equations pi r^2 and 3/4 pi r^3 and pi r^2 l.
*Facepalm*
wtf? Okay, that's random...
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

wtf?

Intelligence is not Education. Just because you may know a LOT about anything, that does not mean that you're super smart. It means you know a lot about it. Intelligence is your potential for learning, how fast you learn, how much you retain, how well you connect things. Education, as in simple knowledge, is not intelligence.

*Facepalm*
wtf? Okay, that's random...

That was in response to this.

It represents the amount of squares will fit into a circle or something like that.

It does not represent that, although it can be used to find that. I "*facepalm*"'ed because you keep claiming that you know "everything" or near to it in Biology/Mathematics and keep bragging about what sort of classes you are in, thus, when you are wrong or contradict yourself, I facepalm.

Okay, okay, okay, calm down, jeez...

I am calm...What makes you think I'm angry/frantic/whatever emotion you think I am feeling?

Back to the subject at hand, is there a reason that we facepalm? It may not be a smack, but it seems to be some sort of reflex to cover ones eyes or avert eyes in embarassment. Perhaps it could be a learned behavior, but I do not know.
Showing 31-45 of 205