ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussion about: Post emotions in AG 3

11 3053
Bmaster123
Bmaster123
49 posts
Nomad

So basically when a person is making a new topic or post they can put a emotion. sad,mad,happy,shy and so on to show how they feel about the topic or about how they are talking about. the emotion would be in the upper left corner of the post or topic and everyone can see it. Also when you look at the armor game forms you will see the emotion on the left of the name of the topic. Thank you.

• 11 Replies
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Well, they could just do that with the keyboard. ex. -_- XD =P :/

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't see how that would be useful for anything. It would just get annoying for people to see and make the forums messy. I wouldn't like looking at a bunch of smilies when I'm browsing through the forums. And as Devsaupa said you can just post a smiley in the opening post.

Bmaster123
Bmaster123
49 posts
Nomad

True but its not like there going to be big they just show the emotion with out it being dull I mean new grounds does it, we could just make it better.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It's not useful for anything, though. A smiley face on a thread won't tell you what an opening post is actually about; it just gives the users emotions about it, which can be stated in the opening post instead of having a smiley on every forum thread which will cause users to complain.

Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

Not only will it cause the users to complain, it would cause a TON of confusion between posts. Say you were looking for a post you made a few days ago. This post was titled "". There are 500 other posts out there now that are titled the exact same as yours. How would you be able to tell the difference? It would force you to look through each one until you find it.

Bmaster123
Bmaster123
49 posts
Nomad

Well I think you guys are a bit confused it will not look to confusing here's a example. http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/1 As you see each thread has its own face and if you go into one of the posts each post with in it has a face.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I will also direct you to the fact that you just proved what Rayce and Ghost said. And that is all AG needs, newground people to come over and complain that we are stealing what they do, just like Kong. I am on kong and newgrounds though so......yea. =P

Bmaster123
Bmaster123
49 posts
Nomad

That is true. I guess your right.

Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

Like what Devsaupa said, the posts are difficult to find if you are looking for a specific smiley. The newgrounds idea is a great example of this. The idea is good, but in reality it would be difficult to work with.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

you have also got to remember AG is not your "we got free games! come to our mess of a site and just play" (not say NG or kong is a mess), AG is the perfetional free game site, as such they try to keep everything nice and neat looking, they like it perfetional! why not? it make it easyer for them and us!

Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

I like the idea, but maybe it could be just on your profile, a little text box that says "Right now I'm:_____

Showing 1-11 of 11