I've look everywhere for a tutorial on
how to make a turn base rpg game. Can anyone
help me on this

thanks

Posted Nov 26, '11 at 6:41pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Do you know how to make any game with flash (i.e. do you know how to program)? If not, lrn2program

Posted Nov 26, '11 at 7:43pm

Iridium7

Iridium7

1 post

If you already know how to do some basic programming, this shouldn't be too hard.  The way I've always done turn-based stuff is by using a boolean to represent whose turn it is, and using if-statements to lock out incorrect moves.  However, I'm not very experienced with ActionScript, so there might be a much better way to do it that I'm missing. 

If you don't have much/any experience with ActionScript or a similar programming language, you might want to google a tutorial for this.  There are many good resources available.

Posted Nov 26, '11 at 10:46pm

fuutonkin

fuutonkin

6 posts

i already now the basic turn base combat just need to now how to make
backround and more attacks. then im stuck on the rpg part like character creation like picking hair and eyes and this will take too long more or less swords and sandles

oh p.s thank for replying

Posted Nov 27, '11 at 12:36am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,169 posts

Knight

i already now the basic turn base combat just need to now how to make
backround and more attacks. then im stuck on the rpg part like character creation like picking hair and eyes and this will take too long more or less swords and sandles

So, your problem is more with the design?

Posted Nov 27, '11 at 2:14am

fuutonkin

fuutonkin

6 posts

more or less and action script, i've looked on the internet but nothing on wat i want

Posted Nov 27, '11 at 2:15am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,169 posts

Knight

more or less

I would recommend outsourcing to other designers and which would leave you more time to code and develop the RPG. Just post a thread here and hope they flock by.

Posted Nov 27, '11 at 2:23am

fuutonkin

fuutonkin

6 posts

but do u know any one who makes game that are willing to give me a tutorial turn based rpg game

Posted Nov 27, '11 at 2:26am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,169 posts

Knight

but do u know any one who makes game that are willing to give me a tutorial turn based rpg game

Unfortunately no, since I don't frequent this corner of the Forums.

Posted Nov 27, '11 at 2:30am

fuutonkin

fuutonkin

6 posts

oh ok thanks anyways

Reply to how to make a turn base rpg using macromedia flash 8

You must be logged in to post a reply!