ForumsNews and FeedbackMy solution to editing posts.

17 6044
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

Allright, let's get started.

Now, the OP of the thread should be able to be edited anytime by the original poster.

Examples:

Let's say there is an Ocuppy Wallstreet Mega-Thread. The benefit of my above solution would be that if say, A new York citizen gets shot, the OP post could be edited to show the news. You should also be able to edit the name of the thread.

"Comments" on threads should be able to be edited within 2-10 Miniutes of the post of the post.

Here is a scenario:

You just post a detailed message to the OP, then you realize all your links are broken and your post is just a big Wall'O'Text. You edit it to separate it into a few paragraphs and you fix your links. Which makes your post a whole lot neater.

What we need:

Spoiler Tags: these would allow us to hide a big post, such as a conversation in just a spoiler.
[spoiler]spoilertexthere[/spoiler]

Underlined words: Obvious, right?
Words here

YouTube embedding: Do you really want to open a new tab everytime you want to see what's going on?
[youtube]YouTube URL here[/youtube]

Text size: imagine everything useful with this.
text here

Colors: use color codes to code features in an upcoming game, or something.
text here

I hope these (or most) features are implimented in Agv3.

Cheers, Aeridani.

[URL=space.com]test![/URL]

• 17 Replies
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

well i must say that all of this was talked about and as cormyn ( i miss him so much!!!!) put it "no,no...no uhmm NO WAY!" and that is what i think. we have enough stuff to use and videos are silly it takes up time and space! editing is not realy needed anywho! why do you realy need it? to update the origanl post? wel guess what you can just type a new post in! sorry but all of this has been talked about most of the time it is a no.

but if AG3 gets a forum engiene like Bbullit or something then they *may* add it in but until then it is a no.

Showing 16-16 of 17