ForumsThe TavernNew Book

21 4480
gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

I need a new series of books to read. Please post a series you find good. I am a Christian so don't post stuff like Harry Potter. I have read the Eragon series and am reading a new series called Ranger's Apprentice. Thank you.
gman1000

• 21 Replies
bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

Have you read Pendragon? It's a series by D.J.Machale, about a kid who gets pulled into some sort of war between places called "territories", or places set in time and space. It sounds corny, but is actualy pretty cool. Ther are 8 or 9, I think...

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

you should read the series called the clone republic and it is not star wars and if you weant to be open minded read the lightning theif series

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

thanks you 2. I have not read either series. Keep coming in with replies, please!

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

Two of my favorite books are "Kidnapped" and "Treasure Island". They're both by the same author. Let me find a link.

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

I forgot to mention that the author is Robert Louis Stevenson. Most people think that "Treasure Island" is better but I think that "Kidnapped" is his best book. You can actually read the story here if you want.

rintsec=frontcover&dq=inauthorLouis+inauthor:Stevenson&sig=Mjqci5sq2rkFo6Z7bnVUJlSCEJI#PPA230,M1">

JUVEFAN
JUVEFAN
23 posts
Nomad

Camp X and Camp 30 by Eric Walters are very good books. Well written, good plot and packed with excitment.

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

I need a series, please.

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

Just go to google and type in Book Series and then you will get so much. Im not a big fan of books. Just read Harry Potter or something like that.

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

@baseballfamer123

I'm a Christian. I will not read Harry Potter.

ender93
ender93
51 posts
Nomad

Different good book sreies that i have read and would reccomend to a fellow christian
1. The looking glass wars
2. The Chronicls of Narnia
3. The Prydain Chronicles
4. Pendragom
5. The O'Mally series
6. The Ender's Game series

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

I have read Chronicles of Narnia. Please keep coming in with suggestions.

sithman05
sithman05
59 posts
Shepherd

I can't give you a true series but I can give you a couple good authors. My two favorite authors are Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti. Two good books by Peretti are This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness. Of course two classic series that I have read are the Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis and Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien. Both of these men were Christians.

Kingofthehill
Kingofthehill
57 posts
Nomad

I agree with bobert and ender. YOU SHOULD READ THE PENDRAGON SERIES! IT ROCKS!!!! KING

DonkeyKong13
DonkeyKong13
65 posts
Nomad

I ought to say that my favorite book was Smiles To Go by Jerry Spinelli...I got it signed by him! Um...Surviving Antarctica and The Window Boy which are both written by Andrea White. And ant book by Jerry Spinelli. That is all I can think of right now!

Nerdius
Nerdius
421 posts
Nomad

Here are some
1-Xanth series by Piers Anthony
2-Pendragon series by D.J MacHale
3-Books by Carl Hiassen
4-The Bartimaeus Trilogy, by Jonathan Stroud
5-Erec Rex series by Kaza Kingsley
I suggest numbers 1, 4, and 5 most, mostly 5.

Showing 1-15 of 21