ForumsProgramming ForumHelp with Trojans on Computer

5 4464
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

Can someone help me. My computer detects a trojan every now and again but the problem is I don't go on any nefarious websites. PLEASE HELP!!

• 5 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

You should probably use Google for this next time, but read the answer here.

Aside from what is stated there, get an antivirus like Avast or AVG (they are free and better than most paid antivirus programs), run that along with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Spybot Search and Destroy once or twice a week. Remember to "Immunize" with Spybot Search and Destroy every time you use it.

Also, try not to use the Internet Explorer web browser. It has a lot of security holes and you could've gotten a virus from simply using it. Try using something more secure and overall better like Firefox, Google Chrome, or Opera. And some websites are bad even though you don't think they are, with Avast and AVG they give you a neat little icon for your web browser that shows the rating of each site you visit, and even warn you if they may be harmful. Along with that I suggest installing the extension called Web-of-Trust (WOT) because it does the same thing. Advertisements you see on websites can give you viruses too, I doubt any on Armor Games will give you any, but if you browse around the Internet often clicking websites and occasionally click on advertisements it could happen, so getting an ad blocker may benefit you. Can't be too safe, eh?

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

ah cheers mate, really appreciate this, u just saved me from having to get rid of laptop.

Thanks

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

also i wouldve googled it but i have done that before but i couldnt understand a word they were saying

deamer
deamer
3 posts
Nomad

Numino i'd suggest Chrome It's alot Better Overall In my opinion.
https://www.google.com/chrome - Chrome

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

read the iliad

Showing 1-5 of 5