Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Hey guys, check out my game in progress

Posted Dec 10, '11 at 3:49pm

Freckls627

Freckls627

33 posts

I've been working on this for a little over a month and would like to hear what you guys have to say about it.

[url=http://people.rit.edu/sbm3990/309/Game/Flow.html]

Posted Dec 10, '11 at 3:53pm

Freckls627

Freckls627

33 posts

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 12:22pm

Smokeshow

Smokeshow

68 posts

This wont load :/

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 12:58pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

That looks like it has a lot of potential. The menu and UI design are excellent. There are a few problems such as uncomplex level design and the art of the main character looking bad, but i assume these issues will be addressed later in development.

This wont load :/

Yes it does.

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 1:18pm

Smokeshow

Smokeshow

68 posts

Yes it does.

Well i dont see nothing :)

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 1:45pm

Freckls627

Freckls627

33 posts

Currently I don't have a loading bar so you may have to wait a little while, sorry for that. As for now the character is just a place holder so I can test collisions and things like that. Thanks for the feedback and I'll be working on it a lot during the next few weeks so I'll have to come back to show you what I've improved.

Oh and as for the levels, they'll definitely be tons more that will be longer an more complex. The first few levels that are there are mainly made for teaching the player how to play.

I'm glad you like the concept!

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 7:48pm

Carlytoon

Carlytoon

329 posts

Well, you need to correct some bugs, when I open the link in Internet Explorer the game dont load, but when I open the link in Chrome the game starts.

Looks pretty good, did you use a game library or you make this from scratch?

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 8:42pm

Freckls627

Freckls627

33 posts

Thanks,

I don't know why the the game doesn't work in IE that's something I have to work on.

Yep, everything in the game was made from scratch by me, physics and all :)

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 8:54pm

Freckls627

Freckls627

33 posts

Actually, I did use the caurina tweening library for the menu's.

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 10:00pm

Bladesam

Bladesam

73 posts

It looks like it could be a pretty cool game. I would like to see, like master565 said, many more levels, more complex levels, and longer, much longer levels later on.

For the longer levels, please make sure that you add checkpoints so people do not get frustrated too quickly. (Also, you could add other ways of dying other than just falling to infinity.)

Reply to Hey guys, check out my game in progress

You must be logged in to post a reply!